Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

88 LX exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 04:37 PM
firstimeaccord
Unregistered
Default 88 LX exhaust

Alrighty, I have a delema.. I'm pretty much clueless when it comes to cars, I can install a radio and speaker but that's about it haha! I want to purchase a performance exhaust for my 88 accord LX. I found an exhaust kit, the only one being the pacesetter MONZA , I figure it can't be worse than the stock system.. but I figure I should probably get a high flow catalytic converter as well. Does that sound right? If i get both, does it matter which cat I choose or do I need to go with the same brand as the exhaust?

Help, please and thanks!

Old 04-07-2008, 04:33 PM
Default RE: 88 LX exhaust

i have the pace setter monza exhaust and i used the stock well oem cat and i have the pace setter header for it too and it was a considerable increase in hps deff noticable at least but if you go with a high flow cat make sure it has the same bolt pattern and length as the original cat ok man

Old 04-16-2008, 12:54 AM
firstimeaccord
Unregistered
Default RE: 88 LX exhaust

-88accordlowrider

Good advice. I'm probably going to buy this high flow just because I found a brand new jdm cat for 12 and some change and I can't pass it up.. it says bolt on to the factory but I'm a bit leary. It's all good though, I have good mechanics and I'm sure they can find a way to get the set up to work.. I just need more ***** out of my little honda. Love the beast but needs some kick!

if nothing else, I'll have a sick looking paper weight! haha

thanks