Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

99 Accord intake

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 11:03 PM
Default 99 Accord intake

Hi im 17 and im completly new to car engine parts, building ect. I don't have my car yet but its a 99 accord i4 auto trans. I want to put in just a short ram intake and thats it because i don't want my parents to know and i hear its the absolute easiest thing to do. I was looking at this one and wanted to know if its good and if it will have any problems or anything heres the link. http://www.sportcompactonly.com/AEM/..._b-1_p-227.htm

Old 06-11-2008, 11:23 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered
Default RE: 99 Accord intake

Are you a Mopar fan?!

It is pretty easy,however, if you install one and your parents drive they will def. hear it and most likely think something is wrong with your car. If you dont have much money buy a Bomz intake off ebay for your car, throw away the filter that comes with it, and get an AEM Dryflow filter and you will save $60 or more.

AEM is great though. I have an AEM sri.

Old 06-11-2008, 11:35 PM

I am actually a mopar fan my dreamcar is of course the viper. It will be my car for a couple of years until i get another car. I will have the car for about 2 years or until i get a new car. I actually wanted a 2002-2003 nissan sentra se-r spec v but my parents wouldnt let me get it because its a stick and they think i would have an accident. But anyway I dont really wanna be buying seprate parts and kinda want a whole package so is the sri i linked good all together?

Old 06-11-2008, 11:49 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Sweet! We have a 1979 Dodge Lil Red Express thats been restored! My dream car is a 2008 Hennessy twin turboViper!! I dislike Vettes to say the LEAST!

Yes, the link for the sri you posted is just fine. I would check eBay though b/c youll prolly find it cheaper. I paid $110 shipped from ebay and it was brand new, plus my pipe is longer than yours so it should technically be more!

Old 06-12-2008, 12:27 AM

AH nice. Whats the difference in the pipe lenght like does it make more power or is it louder? Oh and i like the the lisence plate frame and stickers it comes with.

Old 06-12-2008, 04:07 PM

Length doesnt really make much of a difference, besides maybe less throttle response (air will have to travel farther and longer to get to engine). You just wanna make sure it fits under the hood.

And if you dont want your parents to know, maybe SRI isn't good idea?

Old 06-12-2008, 04:29 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Wanna bump without the parents knowing?!? Get headers and a B-pipe, but keep the OEM axleback, then throw a 50 shot of nitrous in.

Old 06-12-2008, 08:11 PM

ORIGINAL: falkore24

Wanna bump without the parents knowing?!? Get headers and a B-pipe, but keep the OEM axleback, then throw a 50 shot of nitrous in.
boom there ya go...

But yes, AEM is the way to go. Screw ebay intakes, the chrome pipes disclolor too quickly

Old 06-12-2008, 09:03 PM

LOL i really don't care because it gonna be my car anyway so its not much of a worry to me anymore its one small part. Thanks for info and sarcasm lol. It must really be that loud. Nice accord btw J-man Ill be sure to post when I get my car and if i have any problems.

Old 06-13-2008, 10:44 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

My bad ..... header .... I was thinking V6 still .... no header for you .... it will slow you down a little ..... B-pipe and nitrous will give you a nice boost w/o drawing attention. An intake will help too but will be very noticible. It's not too loud a low rpms but you can definately hear the engine clearer. Your parents will know that you did something, but an intake is nothing for them to care about. No sarcasm here, just honest advice for DL tuning.

Quick Reply: 99 Accord intake