Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

99 Accord intake

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 12:03 PM
Default RE: 99 Accord intake

You would be better off getting a CAI instead of a short ram.
It won't be as loud.
But you'll have to be careful when drifin in the rain and around floods

Old 06-13-2008, 10:10 PM

Nah id rather have an SRI just for crusing around. If I was gonna make a fast car i would def go with a full CAI. Anyway I GOT MY CAR TONIGHT!. It is black and has a VTEC! Unfortunatly the AEM sri i posted doesnt fit an LX 4door sedan but that does not sound right its pretty much the same car. Is the engine different in the coupe? Also do the intakes give you better or worse gas milage? Cause if i get worse im not gonna be able to buy it. Well i found a different intake tell me wat you all think. http://www.sportcompactonly.com/Inje...b-3_p-8758.htm

Old 06-13-2008, 11:41 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

wait, headers slow down a 4 banger engine? what? i knew it gave you more airflow...torque, but i didnt know it made the car slower...

Old 06-15-2008, 05:51 PM

it wont make your car slower

Old 06-16-2008, 05:08 PM

it depends on the header...some header designs puts the torque and hp on the "low to mid" or mid to high" rpms...

the OEM header is designed as to what the car manufacturer believes was right for their vehicle..

anyways..

to Vipers4Life...

thats also a good one...Injen also makes great products...to answer your question if intake system increase or decrease mpg, it really depends on the driver...if you are one of those drivers who abuse the added power from that intake system, then ofcourse you will get WORSE gas milage...but on the other hand, if you have that intake system and just drive normally/safely, then you would enjoy the increase in your mpg..

Old 06-16-2008, 07:11 PM

AH nice. My car just got registered today and i took it for a drive with my stepdad and its great. I also went to the autostore with him and got an emergencyroadside kit, i got Type R Racing floor mats, and a Type R racing steering wheel cover lol, and also a 4 way tire iron for breaking lose bolts. But i am still confused about the AEM intake i linked. I have the LX 4door sedan and the LX sedan isnt listed in what the aem intake fits in but it says it fits in the LX coupe. Why wouldnt this intake fit in the sedan? isnt it the same engine size as the coupe? or will it fit in my sedan? Thanks for MPG info ford

Old 06-16-2008, 10:00 PM

lol..what r u talking about?? r u talking about the AEM or the Injen? cuz i see on the Injen it says LX coupe and LX sedan...
WAIT!!I GET WHAT UR SAYING NOW....LOL...the LX 4 door sedan is the LX SEDAN...

Old 06-16-2008, 10:05 PM

so yeah.its like this..if your talking bout cars, whenever a person says coupe, it means 2doors..and the sedan is the 4 doors..so yeah..to answer your question..it WILL fit your car..lol..what r u talking about?? r u talking about the AEM or the Injen? cuz i see on the Injen it says LX coupe and LX sedan..

Old 06-17-2008, 07:47 AM

I'd say get an ebay Intake and replace the filter with a K&N filter

Old 06-17-2008, 08:32 AM

^ Me too. Buying AEM or Injen is a waste of an extra $100 you could be using for gas

Quick Reply: 99 Accord intake