Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

Advice please?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 04:35 AM
koushoku
Unregistered
Default Advice please?

Hey everyone! I remember asking this question along time ago for my 03 accord 4cyl, but now that I have a brand new 09 accord 4cyl 4dr , it has come to my mind that I should ask for help once again, haha! I was thinking of taking out the stalk air box and replacing it with a Intake Cone onto the stock pipe, and if possible does anyone know the measurements for the cone to fit around the stalk pipe? Or should I just keep the air box and replace the filter with a K&N one instead. I have heard a lot of people that were very satisfied with the K&N air filter, but what do you think I should do everyone? thanks hope to hearing from you all!

Old 08-30-2009, 07:57 AM

Keeps the airbox. Why would you want to put a cone filter on it and draw in hot under hood air instead of the cooler air the box pulls in?

Old 09-02-2009, 03:16 PM
koushoku
Unregistered

well I heard of other people taking out their airbox but keeping their stock pipe and using a intake cone instead of the airbox, as CAI instead of buying the whole metal pipe. I didnt know it would be bad and draw in hot air. So should I just go with the K&N replacement filter instead? Thanks for the advice, I'm new to the tuneing scene and still learning! thanks! =D