Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

AEM vs injen SRI

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 01:58 AM
Default AEM vs injen SRI

hey guys, im new around here. i recenlty decided to get a SRI for my 2000 honda accord. i'm not even considering CAI's because of the chance of water getting into it. i'm pretty much a newb when it comes to cars, but i can figure things out. i'm considering either the AEM or injen SRI's. they both seem to have good reviews. i was wondering which one would you guys suggest? all im looking for is just a tad bit more power and a better pur. nothing drastic. i also looked at the AEM v2, but that's kinda out of my price range. what do you guys think?

Old 12-03-2007, 04:01 AM
Default RE: AEM vs injen SRI

oh and another thing, should i worry about passing smog? hah sorry im a newb.

Old 12-03-2007, 08:58 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Since you're in Cali, you need the intake to be CARB exempt. Other than that, an SRI is an SRI ..... no real differance. Both are name brands which means a good filter, although I've heard not-so-good stuff about the AEM, so if you went with that, get a K&N, Injen or Apexi filter. I guess from that I'd recommend the Injen one ..... that's what I have except that I have the CAI for the V6.

Old 12-03-2007, 02:02 PM

oh okay, thanks falkore, yeah, my local performance shop only offers AEM and injen. i gues i'll go with the injen

Old 12-03-2007, 02:26 PM

Hydrolock isn't really much to be worried about...

Check out this Wiki Article I slapped together:
http://hondaaccord.wikidot.com/intake-info

Old 12-03-2007, 03:05 PM

ORIGINAL: avoy

oh okay, thanks falkore, yeah, my local performance shop only offers AEM and injen. i gues i'll go with the injen
Please put it on yourself! You will save yourself money in Labor. Putting an SRI in is about as easy as changing your air filter.
Buy it online and you can save that way too.
I don't like the wayAEM's short rams sit in our accords. they sit too far back. My cheapo eBay SRI sits better in the engine compartment than the expensive AEM onedoes.

Old 12-03-2007, 03:53 PM

ORIGINAL: 00AccordLX5spd

ORIGINAL: avoy

Please put it on yourself! You will save yourself money in Labor. Putting an SRI in is about as easy as changing your air filter.
Buy it online and you can save that way too.
I don't like the wayAEM's short rams sit in our accords. they sit too far back. My cheapo eBay SRI sits better in the engine compartment than the expensive AEM onedoes.
oh for sure, im gonna go pick it up and put it in myself. about the CAI, im on a budget so i think im gonna stick witht he SRI, thanks klrspz.

Old 12-13-2007, 09:57 PM

so which one is better k&n or injen? cuz i was thinking of getting an AEM but as i see here its not that great.

Old 12-13-2007, 11:15 PM
Almost A Senior Member

who says the aem isn't great? its cheaper then injen, and pretty much same performance, you're going to need the name brand tube anyways, since you live in cali, and as far as filters, you can get the k&n filter, or i've heard the apexi ones are good to,

Old 12-14-2007, 09:07 AM

I've heard of issues with fitment and filter problems with AEM, but I've also heard that theyy are great!!! IMO, an intake is an intake, so long as it fits properly, but the filter has to be quality and I'm concerned with a company that has had problems in the past with a simple gauze filter.

Quick Reply: AEM vs injen SRI