Axle Back 97 Honda Accord exhaust systems - Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

View Poll Results: Where can I find an exhaust with a cat 97 Honda Accord
Can i find one online? 0 0%
Can I use a straight pipe instead of the cat so I can buy a cat back exhaust? 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-12-2018, 12:20 AM

Question Axle Back 97 Honda Accord exhaust systems

so my exhaust was torn out the back of my car after I ran over something that caught it and tore it out the back. Everything if fine engine wise but I would like to purchase a new one instead of running no exhaust.
I know the difference between cat back and axle back but the problem is finding the actual axle back exhaust system online. My catalytic converter was torn off as well, that is why I canít go with a cat back. Iíve also heard of replacing the cat. with a straight pipe but Iím not sure what the effects will be. I just want a new exhaust for as cheap as possible that comes with a cat. and preferably not a stock one. Please helppppp
Old 01-12-2018, 06:16 AM
Super Moderator

Sounds like you need more than a cat-back. Axle-back is only the rear muffler, starting from roughly the rear wheel area.

How far forward was it damaged? If the cat was torn off, you should check whether the front pipe (ahead of the cat) was damaged.