Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

cat backs really worth it???

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 02:31 PM
Default cat backs really worth it???

Are cat back exhausts really wroth the price or is going with a performance muffler a good choice?? I am looking to install it on a 1996 accord.

thanks

Cj

Old 02-13-2007, 02:48 PM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered
Default RE: cat backs really worth it???

The short answer: yes. Getting the cat back will give you larger exhaust piping all the way through, as well as being mandrel bent instead of crush bent, so the exhaust flows better around the bends. Getting a performance muffler is better than getting nothing, but getting a cat back is even better than that.

Old 02-13-2007, 02:53 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

poser_pilot6 is right.

If you dont want to spend much money, eBay does sell knock off cat-backs for around $200. As for qualty, I am not to sure. I would be wary of the gaskets, but a few people on here have them and like them!

Old 02-13-2007, 02:56 PM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: 19Accord97

If you dont want to spend much money, eBay does sell knock off cat-backs for around $200.
Thats what I will probably be getting. I really want the WSII like 19Accord97 has, but its a little spendy for me right now.

Old 02-13-2007, 05:09 PM

lol

Old 02-14-2007, 08:03 PM

Thanks you guys. Anyone have any info on Magnaflow exhausts for accords in the mid 1990's. I havent found much feedback on MF, and i am wondering what type of sound i will hear. I expect to hear a low rumble but dont know. Anyone have a clue??

Cj

Old 02-15-2007, 01:23 AM

There are also axle back set ups that can save you a little cash but you don't get the advantage of that smooth piping from the cat all the way back. I am planning on getting the flowmaster set up, axle back for about $210. BUT the previous owner of my car had a cat back set up and the piping is larger than stock with smooth bends, just a crappy muffler was put on in place of something better.

Old 02-17-2007, 01:19 AM

I have dual magnaflow muffs on my 99 accord and it sounds great. It's not blaring loud when your cruising at 55-65mph which is nice. They don't sound like bumblebees like some mufflers do. They have a nice low rumble sound to them, like you said. I would definately recommend magnaflow!

Old 02-17-2007, 09:59 AM

Thanks a bunch. I really like your ride. How good does your Cryo2 kit work? I have read into them and they sound like a good product. Do you use it in everyday driving, or only when you need the extra boost, and is a purge kit necessary?

Cj

Old 02-18-2007, 12:47 AM

I'm glad you like my ride. As for the CrO2 kit, I would definately recommend it. I am using the purge system setup right now for show use only. I don't have the performance setup for my air intake (which you can switch to easily). When I get a turbo I am going to switch to the intercooler setup.

Quick Reply: cat backs really worth it???