Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

Cold Air Intake Help...

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 11:22 PM
Default Cold Air Intake Help...

Hi everyone ! Im about to install my aem v2 cold air intake in my accord i heard that water could get into the engine when it rains and it could mess up the engine. If i buy a aem bypass valve for it do i have to cut the intake in 2 pieces to install the bypass valve in and does it have to be cut precise if i do ?

Can someone answer this question please I'm greatly appreciated thank you!!

Old 03-20-2006, 11:43 PM
Default RE: Cold Air Intake Help...

one thing that you can so for the rain to stay out is take you secondary air box cut it open and make the intake with the cone fit in. i will take some time to do it but you have a less of a chance for water getting into you engine. cheaper than buying a bypass valve. but if you want you can get the valve and you will have to cut you intake but i wouldnt recomend it with the v2 from aem. and the thing with the bypass valve is that it protects only when you intake gets sumerged into a pudle.

Old 03-21-2006, 12:11 AM

I had been looking at the V2's, and had the same question. According to AEM, the V2 is not designed to use the bypass valve.

Here is the link:

http://www.aempower.com/faq.asp?fid=38&sid=&tid=3

Let me know what you think of the intake. I'm thinking of going with that or the Comptech Ice Box.

StevePhy

Old 03-21-2006, 12:15 AM

ORIGINAL: accord_94

one thing that you can so for the rain to stay out is take you secondary air box cut it open and make the intake with the cone fit in. i will take some time to do it but you have a less of a chance for water getting into you engine. cheaper than buying a bypass valve. but if you want you can get the valve and you will have to cut you intake but i wouldnt recomend it with the v2 from aem. and the thing with the bypass valve is that it protects only when you intake gets sumerged into a pudle.
okai thanks alot ! but is there anything that doesnt requires cutting lol I don't want to break it ...

Old 03-21-2006, 12:21 AM
Default hmm

ORIGINAL: stevephy

I had been looking at the V2's, and had the same question. According to AEM, the V2 is not designed to use the bypass valve.

Here is the link:

Let me know what you think of the intake. I'm thinking of going with that or the Comptech Ice Box.

StevePhy
well ill definately let you know once i have it installed its coming tommorow it ll maybe take a day or 2 for me to response u how it works

Old 03-23-2006, 02:35 AM

The intake is somewhat nice the sound kicks in when u pump the gas it sounds pretty nice and it makes my car runs a lil smooth when i peda; its better than the stock intake at least lol
ORIGINAL: stevephy

Here is the link:

StevePhy

Old 03-23-2006, 07:22 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

DO NOT CUT YOUR V2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111 you cannot run a bypass valve. if you cut it you will ruin the sound technology which is what your paying all the money for. the v2 is a purist intake. you dont drive your car in the rain when you have one you figure out another way of transportation.

Old 03-23-2006, 07:35 AM

okai th q

Old 03-23-2006, 07:38 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

no prob

Old 03-24-2006, 01:13 AM

ya there is also a new compny out there that makes water "repelant" sleeves. not water proof. but hell something is better than nothing i guess. i don't remember the name off the top of my head but i'll look it up and probably get back to you tomarow.

Quick Reply: Cold Air Intake Help...