Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

Cold air intake questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 05:36 PM
Default Cold air intake questions

Ok im thinking about getting a cold air intake.
im new to this.
the aem v2 sounds nice. I love the sound but is it made for any or jus the v6 model. I looked at this one that was on a v6 6 sp accord and it sounds sexy. I have the i4. Would it matter which model? And to solve the water puddles problem, is there something that would solve that?

Old 10-31-2007, 11:03 AM
Default RE: Cold air intake questions

not sure about what car it fits on.....
but

the v2 has a special dual chamber and cannot vit a bypass valve. so basically you do have the chance of hydrolock... but if you haven't read in the other posts.. its rare that happens..
your intake has to be completely soaked into water to be able to get water inside the engine and cause permanent damage.

and v2=300 dollers.... i dunno if its really worth that much when you really are getting only 5 hp.

intake= more for looks and sound not performance..
the only way they really do make a differernce is if you get a intake, header, and exhauast.

that cost about a $1000 and you're getting maybe 20 hp at the MAX

Old 10-31-2007, 11:35 AM

ive had my CAI for a little more than a year now without a bypass valve and havent run into any problems with hydro lock. And its been very rainy here in NY. Honestly get yourself an ebay intake and a K&N filter. no company has the market on make metal pipes, there all the same. Save yourself some money.

Old 10-31-2007, 01:12 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

As for hydrolock, from reading on forums, asking friends, and referring to manufacturers' sites, they all say that the filter must be entirely submerged to actually achieve hydrolock.

Having said this, at least a third of my engine would have to be underwater for that to happen, in which case I'm sure I'd have more things on my mind than hydrolock from a CAI.

Old 10-31-2007, 01:32 PM

if you wanna save money, go with an ebay tube and a name-brand filter (K&N, AEM Dryflow, etc...). or buy a Fujita CAI! like i did.

EDIT: btw, when i took my intake to my local shop to see what they thought about it, they saw the Fujita box and said they had never heard of the company. then they said they would have gone w/ the AEM V2. then i opened the box and the guy was so surprised, and he said mine was better quality then the AEM. and after i installed it, he said it looked and sounded better.

Old 10-31-2007, 03:26 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Intakes again??? V2 again??? What's next, OBX headers???? Cat-back????

Old 11-01-2007, 01:56 PM

so what would be better for me, AEM v2 or Fujita? I haven't heard the Fujita yet, that's why for now I hold AEM v2. I watched this video of it on youtube and I love the deep sound. As for a resonator, is it gonna affect the sound? Once in a while I do get baaad rain and there are lotsa puddles when it does. The thing is, I go to work and back and yeah...

Old 11-01-2007, 02:03 PM

where do you live AxCxCxOxRxD? cuz if you live in cali, you intake is gonna have an MAF sensor, thus i recommend going w/ Fujita. if your intake does not have an MAF, then do what ever you want. i still recommend the Fujita either way.

Old 11-01-2007, 03:31 PM

I had a V2 on my civic and they are very nice, great sound but I doubt I'd ever buy one again because of the stupid amount of money they cost.

Old 11-01-2007, 03:45 PM
Almost A Senior Member

I have fujita and its nice and cheaper than the V2...also mine came with a bottle of NOS energy drink!!!!!![sm=alcoholic.gif]

Quick Reply: Cold air intake questions