Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

Double CAI

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 05:55 PM
Default RE: Double CAI

we have a member in our forum wit them ITB that is

Old 12-03-2008, 11:20 PM

kay guys sorry for the obsurd post about 2 CAI's...i jus bought a CAI last night....hooked it up myself and everything...and this is my very first one so if i ask dumb questions..sorry....

1. since its a C ai are u supposed to feel the cold air or even the filter being cold at all? or is the cold air just on the inside?
2. as far as the gains im sure they are pretty small but i have a flowmaster 40 series with straight pipe and a new cat conv....what exactly will this CAI do for me?
3. will i be able to feel any of the gains that i get?
4. ive noticed that it does seem to speed ALOT quicker...not faster..but maybe thats because ive never had an intake b4...does my car get any faster or does it just get quicker?

Old 12-03-2008, 11:36 PM

Good deal on geting 1 intake , if you would of put 2 or 3 it wouldnt of matter the throttle body would of been the same size..AS far as the cold aircant really say anying i just have a short ram intake.

Old 12-03-2008, 11:41 PM

Cold Air Intake means the end of the air intake where the filter is ,is put in a cold air environment thus putting colder air in the engine thus more power ...im not sure but i thin its for every 10 degrees decrease in air going nt the engine it unlocks a horse correct me if im wrong....a Short Ram Intake is just a pipe that flows easier than stock Intakes but still gets hot air from the engine bay....nobody realizes it but alot of stock intakes are kindof CAI but the drag on them cancels tht out....Hope that helps

Old 12-03-2008, 11:44 PM

so techically u wont be able to feel any cold air on the actual filter? or will the filter itself be cold? or neither?

Old 12-04-2008, 08:07 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

No,the air is cooler,more dense than warmer air.Not freezing temperatures.
Im sure you hear the massive amount of air sucking in? Why? The cooler the air,the more oxygen goes into combustion.

Old 12-04-2008, 08:10 AM
Super Moderator

You wont actually feel it being cold.........unless its cold out side, there is no refrigeration unit inside the intake.

Old 12-04-2008, 01:43 PM

well yea i kinda do hear the air bein sucked in...its not alot though but i do hear a little....are u supposed to feel the air bein sucked in kinda like the stock intake?...like if u push the gas and leave ur hand by the filter will u feel the air bein sucked in or does it just make the noise??

Old 12-04-2008, 04:43 PM

Would you feel the air getting sucked in?
Thats the idea behind the engineering scheme.

Old 12-04-2008, 06:49 PM

You can feel the air being sucked in stock and intake. I like my resonator delete "cold air" intake... it was free and not as loud as a real intake..

Quick Reply: Double CAI