Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2013, 10:21 AM
Default Exhaust

Have an 02 Accord V6 AM and I want exhaust as the stock is very quiet. Not sure what kind of mufflers to get, also don't want to spend a lot of money. Any suggestions.

Old 10-16-2013, 06:30 PM
Super Moderator

? If you want stock, then get that? Or am I reading this wrong?

Old 10-16-2013, 09:40 PM

He said he wants an exhaust, as (because) the stock one is very quiet.

You say you don't want to spend a lot of money, but keep this in mind.......you get what you pay for. A $100 cat-back exhaust will not be the same as a $500 one.

Look up exhaust videos on Youtube. Magnaflow, Borla, Apexi, Vibrant, and Tanabe are popular ones. When you find the one you like, I'd say buy that muffler (not the whole cat back exhaust). Then take it to an exhaust shop, and have them weld up piping and a resonator. That will come out to considerably cheaper then buying the whole cat back.

Old 10-20-2013, 10:46 AM

Ok we'll I started by cutting out my premuffler and and resonator. It sounded awesome coming out of the cat. Got a pipe welded between cat and stock mufflers. Now it sounds just like it did before lol. So that's where I am on that. I'm taking it in to have some Flowmasters welded in soon