Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

Exhaust Kit Reccommendations for 94 LX

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2018, 11:11 AM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Exhaust Kit Reccommendations for 94 LX

My current exhaust is in need of either several patches or replacement. At this point, I’m leaning more toward replacement since it’s VERY rusted and there are several leaks. I’ve done some searches for a kit, but most of what I’m finding is kits that have large mufflers/tips, usually 3.5-4.5”. Does anyone know of any decently priced kits (under $200) that have a 2.5” or less tip? Im not looking to make it a “tuner” or have the “pissed off bumble bee” sound that everyone always complains about. I hope nobody is offended by those terms. I’m just looking to find a decent replacement that will give decent flow. Also, if there are certain styles that make for better mpg over hp, I’d be inclined to lean that way. I’m not very knowledgeable on exhaust systems yet, but I’m trying to learn, so forgive me if I ask stupid questions.

Old 09-10-2018, 12:50 PM
Super Moderator

The OEM exhaust is optimized for the best fuel economy; any aftermarket units not mimicking the OEM design will likely return worse fuel economy. As for what to put on there, I recently put a full exhaust downstream of the catalytic converter on my Accord and found RockAuto had great prices.