Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

Header noise

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 08:57 PM
Default Header noise

i was curious if anyone who has a header or headers could tell me how they change the engine sound. does it make it deeper, higher, or is it its own distict sound where when you hear it you go, "oh, there is my header i just installed." lol

Old 01-08-2008, 09:01 PM
Default RE: Header noise

Well when i put mine in i already had the CAI and Cat-back so there really was no large notable change in sound..i would say if anything it got a little deeper sounding.. but nothing like when you first put the intake on and is like.." wait is that me making all that noise?" haha

Old 01-08-2008, 10:12 PM

yeah,my intakeis louder then my exhaust and when i first installed it, my friends would say, "whats that sound?" and i would say, "its my intake!" lol

Old 01-09-2008, 06:01 PM

I think the header does make a deeper sound. I saw this video on youtube of a tsx with a dc sports header and it sounded pretty deep. Let me know how it turns out for u!

While we are talking about a header, I know this has probaly been answered but does anyone know if u lose low end torque from a header?

Old 01-09-2008, 07:51 PM

A little bi deeper at higher RPM's but not much sound difference...

Old 01-10-2008, 07:16 AM

Header whistle is common. You may get a slight whistle at some speeds. It's only noticeable if you have your window down and drive beside a wall or an area that reflects the sound, usually heard while accelerating. It's not objectionable just different than pre header. Other than that I've noticed zero difference in sound level.

Old 01-11-2008, 11:44 AM

ORIGINAL: AxCxCxOxRxD

While we are talking about a header, I know this has probaly been answered but does anyone know if u lose low end torque from a header?
I put on my DC sport header ( already had cat-back and CAI )and i didnt lose any low end that was noticable to me. Now maybe if it was put on the dyno u would see some loss but none that i noticed.. that was a concern of mine too before i put it on

Old 01-21-2008, 08:29 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: vtecHef

ORIGINAL: AxCxCxOxRxD

I put on my DC sport header ( already had cat-back and CAI )and i didnt lose any low end that was noticable to me. Now maybe if it was put on the dyno u would see some loss but none that i noticed.. that was a concern of mine too before i put it on
To answer that question you need the details of the header as compared to the stock exhaust.

I put a DC 4-2-1 header on my '95 Integra GSR & didn't lose low end. But the overall layout of the header was the same as the stock manifold. That is the length of tube before the 4 joined into 2, also the location of the 2-1 connection. They were a little larger in diameter, little more free-flowing at high rpm, but overall no big change in the character of the engine.

Now a 4-1 header, or a header with much different tube lengths, would be a whole different story.

Old 01-23-2008, 03:58 PM

If anything, you'll hear a louder exhaust.
Carbon Monoxide is being realsed faster and easier