Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

Which headers?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2006, 06:40 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered
Default Which headers?

I am planning on getting headers soon and wondered which of these would be the best horsepower + quality wise. I dont really drive hard so Im looking for more power in the lower RPM's. I've also seen some that say "not for highway use" why is that? Should I get a high flow cat as well? (I'm going to be puttin an Apexi WS 2 catback on.)

OBX Headers

Megan Headers
Pacesetter

Old 04-15-2006, 11:10 PM
Administrator
Default RE: Which headers?

Ive worked with OBX products before and they stand up for their products, most of there products have been tested with a dyno and a lot of other companies don't even have a dyno to test products..

Out of the three header products I give a [sm=smiley20.gif]

WheelBrokerAng [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 04-16-2006, 01:19 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Alright, i'll be getting those when I get the $$! Thanks for your help and recommendation!

Old 04-16-2006, 01:22 AM

I'm going to 2nd the OBX brand name. They really seem to be driven on providing products that cost less but provide actual performance gains.

I've also seen a lot of fixed up hondas with the megans, but I'd shoot for the OBX.

Old 04-16-2006, 09:35 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Alright, well OBX it is Thanks for the help! Do you guys have any tips when I put the headers on and is there anything thats in the way that needs to be removed when I install them? thnx!

Old 04-16-2006, 10:42 PM

You may want to pick up another manifold gasket if the headers don't come with one. Other than that, it's not too hard at all to install them.

Old 05-29-2006, 02:51 PM

Anyone know the major differences in the OBX stainless steel and the OBX ceraic header? Ive heard just color and heat factors. Also has anyone had problems with their OBX header or headers getting too hot. Just wondering if it is worth the money to just go with the DC Sport or not.

Old 05-30-2006, 03:24 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

tsblckcord, If I am not mistaken ceramic headers weigh less than stainless steel and prevent more heat from transfering through the pipes to the engine bay. I may be wrong though. As for OBX headers I have bought the stainless steel ones and they are in my room waiting to be installed when I get my exhaust. Good luck

Old 05-30-2006, 03:47 AM

Also, I believe most ceramic coated headers are made with mild steel instead of stainless hence, less expensive.

I perfer stainless myself, but others will differ in opinion. I don't think you'll be dissapointed with either and I doubt engine bay heat will be a big issue. Good luck on your decision.

Old 05-30-2006, 03:46 PM

Anybody see themselves buying locking header bolts? and any trouble taking the old header bolts out? any tips on that like soaking them in pb blaster for a while before pursuing? I plan on upgrading my exhaust system in the future...

Quick Reply: Which headers?