Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

Which headers?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 07:09 PM
Default RE: Which headers?

My stock exhaust (55kish miles on the car), was really tough to get off. Your on the right track. I would recommend spraying all the bolts you'll be working with down with liquid wrench the day before, then spraying them again before you try to take the bolts off.

Old 05-30-2006, 07:49 PM

I'd back up tom 100% on that... hose them suckers down the day before and then again before you start the project and you will enjoy life a lot more and have less skin missing off your knuckles from when the wrench slips off...

Old 05-31-2006, 12:27 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

I would agree with tom and sir nasty. I have been spraying all the bolts besides the cat converter with liquid wrench for the past week.

Oh yeah, one quick question for you guys. I just put in my new plugs and wires and noticed one of my exhaust manifold studs have been broken off (the far right one). When the car was running I couldnt feel any exhaust escaping but it was black around there. I was jw, if Advance auto parts or autozone would have the right stud that is quality and if its hard to replace? thanks!

Old 10-17-2006, 09:56 PM

hey guys i read through this thread.. so far OBX hasnt gotten anything bad.
my DC sports header has a crack and is gettign bigger, i need a decent and semi cheap replacement.
So far from the point this thread ws started til now.. has any1 experienced any problems with the OBX's or they are pretty much the best for the price?

Old 10-17-2006, 10:49 PM

jb weld it. then get it welded properly

Old 10-18-2006, 03:13 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

How did your header get cracked? and where is the crack?

Old 10-18-2006, 05:11 AM

well i know a couple of other ppl who said their DC headers cracked at the same place.

you know where the pipes come from the engine it self, four of them, 2 convrge to make a V and the two V's connect to a middle, ( 4-2-1, basically at the 2)
well it cracked at the V and now its pretty much half way around the pipe.
as far as HOW it cracked.. dunno man, it was like that when i bought the car, but not as bad, just the welding at the joint was cracked. I just didnt notice it, when i took it home and showed my friend my new car i was all happy bout, he kinda pointed it out along with a buncha other flaws i didnt notice

Its funny tho cuz thats what i said,what if i get it welded, but was told it wasnt gonna werk too well cuz my friend tried that, cracked again..(had a 96 accord i think he said)

so instead of spending money on the welding i can just buy new ones.. the PBX look decent enough, and i havent heard anythign bad yet bout them, plus they are relatively cheap.

( u think shooting nos coulda caused the crack.. cuz that was one of the things pointed out to me.. that the dude had to have been running nos based on some evidence)

Old 10-18-2006, 07:28 AM

seems like obx are a great deal, but are they CARB exempt??? or do headers even have to be CARB exempt?

Old 10-18-2006, 08:01 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

only if you live in CA if you live anywhere else CARB doesn't mean jack didly squat....

Old 10-18-2006, 05:04 PM

ORIGINAL: YeuEmMaiMai

only if you live in CA if you live anywhere else CARB doesn't mean jack didly squat....

dang i live in Ca, so are those obx CARB exempt? dang i looked at some megans and they weren't. ugh. darn CA!

Quick Reply: Which headers?