Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 08:54 PM
Default Help!!!

Ok... so I had a catback done to my ride back in feb... and I have a problem... hope you guys can help me out... Here gose...

I had a stright pipe installed ( 2and a half inch) and took out the mid muffler... it was stock and was beat up any way so I just didnt want it with my new shiny exsaust system...lol... Plus from what I understand I would get more performance with out it so I left it out... But now my ride is not a joy to ride[:@][:@][:@]. It is way too loud and to top it off the cab is vibrating... it has me and my girl insane... what should I do... should I just put a mid muffler back on... should I get silencers... and if I do get silencers... will the vibrating in the cab go away???? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

Old 03-25-2007, 11:16 PM
Default RE: Help!!!

Mid muffler? Are you sure you didn't remove your cat?

Old 03-25-2007, 11:21 PM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered

So did you put the exhaust on by yourself, or did you take it to a shop? It may be vibrating because it doesnt sit in the hangers right. Or it might be that the little heat shield on the cat is vibrating against something. Check under the car and see if the exhaust moves excessively.

Old 03-26-2007, 12:40 AM

The cat is there.. infact i put a new one on... and as for the mid muffler it is also known as a resinator...
Poser I did it at a local shop... I already have been back due to the vibration... I was told that it was due to a bad cat... So I replaced it with a universal one... they didnt have a highflow one which is what i wanted...so I went with what they had... my cat was really bad... the inside had fallen apart so when I WOT the car really responded badly so I went with the uni cat to avoid complications.... the thing is that when I did the catback I left out the Resinator and where it used to sit has a tin cover but it is solid... I think that the streight pipe has a long space in between weldings to the car therefore causing the vibration.. should I put the RES. back in???? will I copramise preformance... will I have done hedders and exsaust for nothing if I have to put back the RES???

Old 03-26-2007, 04:41 AM

He he i had the same problem i put 2.5 in all the way back and a flowmaster dual outlet and took off my cat... wheni drove it away from the muffler shop it was so OBNOXIOUSLY loud and whiny i took it back and was like "we got to fix this" So what he did was took a regular old glass pack and flipped it bakwards and welded it in... now it is like i wanted it... low and deep and not ricey at all... maybe this will help ur situation... as far as performance i think it was a tid bit faster in the obnoxious loud mode but its well worth the small HP loss in the end when u dont have a headache everywhere u go... good luck!

Old 03-26-2007, 07:05 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

I had a bad vibration after I put on my Apexi exhaust. It was hitting a bolt when the engine moved from accel/deaccel. I coated the nut w/ some high temp rtv a couple of times and its good!