Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

Installing CAI

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 12:42 AM
Default Installing CAI

so my internet is running SUPER slow right now so i didnt search the forums but since ive joined these forums i havent seen a question like this so bare with me.

I'm installing a V2 in my 03 accord v6 and it says to take the coolant out. Any ideas why? I mean i dont think it matter based on the directions that come after that step.

and then another question. Does anyone know what the "Fender Clip" size is on the 03 accord. My clips (the things that hold the wheel wheel in place) are very old and when i try popping them out to put in the intake the just crack and I cant reuse them. So i have to stop my installation and buy new clips so i could replace the old ones after they break when i take them out. Thanks Alot!!

Adam

Old 09-25-2007, 08:42 AM
Default RE: Installing CAI

03Sleeper did a write up in the DIY section. However, I am not sure if your questions were asked. I do not understand why in the world you would have to drain the coolant, but I know someone brought up the question before a long time ago. I think the general concensus was we didn't see why you would need to drain teh coolant. As far as the clips go, I don't kow. Hopefully someone with a 7th gen will answer that.
While you wait, check out 03Sleeper's wright up in the DIY section.

Old 09-25-2007, 09:22 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

the clips are cheap. just go get a pack from the dealer.

Old 09-25-2007, 11:35 AM

ORIGINAL: 00AccordLX5spd

03Sleeper did a write up in the DIY section. However, I am not sure if your questions were asked. I do not understand why in the world you would have to drain the coolant, but I know someone brought up the question before a long time ago. I think the general concensus was we didn't see why you would need to drain teh coolant. As far as the clips go, I don't kow. Hopefully someone with a 7th gen will answer that.
While you wait, check out 03Sleeper's wright up in the DIY section.
Yeah i read through that thanks! And thats exactly what i thougth about that coolant. I saw no need to.

and about those clips, I'm gunna call the dealer today, i called yesterday before i posted the topic and they said there parts department was closed. Thanks for that too though!

Old 09-25-2007, 09:15 PM

The instructions on my AEM SRI said to drain the coolant too....don't know why. I didn't bother when installing it and I think everything is ok about 12,000 miles later lol.

Old 09-25-2007, 10:17 PM

lol yeah I'm just not going to do it either. Maybe they say it for a safety reason. My brother has a Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V and he never drained his coolant either to install the CAI

THANKS to eveeryone!!! I will be getting my fender clips this friday probably and installing the intake saturday probably!

ADam

Old 09-25-2007, 10:30 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

It's been a long time since I installed my CAI, but isn't there a set of coolant lines that get joined together. Maybe they want you to drain rather than spill a few drops of coolant. I didn't drain either.