Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

New exhaust needed

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 07:06 PM
Default New exhaust needed

I bought an Apexi N1 generic exhaust from eBay and a universal Magnaflow highflow cat and changed my catback piping. Before it wasn't so bad, but now when I accelerate from a slow speed I always hear rattling somewhere near the muffler. And this isn't some quiet rattling that I can ignore, it's VERY loud and sounds like some very cheap work. Now I'm thinking it could be two things:

1) The welding job was done poorly which causes the muffler to hit the other parts underneath the car, for example the gas tank.
2) The new catback is just bad and needs to be replaced with something better.

I am planning on getting a Greddy EVO2 catback, because I want a loud but controlled exhaust sound. More importantly, I want some power. If anything,I think that this new catback I have is actually making my car slower. Or maybe I think that because it's so loud even though I'm accelerating slowly.

I've also seen people talk about a Greddy SP2 catback, but I see that for my car I can onlyfind the EVO2.

Thanks for the help.

Old 08-24-2007, 07:29 PM
Default RE: New exhaust needed

youre right, they only make the SP2 for the V6s on the 6th gen. Evo 2 might be what you desire, good luck.

Old 08-24-2007, 10:49 PM

I have the Tsudo N1 that I bought off EBAY and it is one loud exhaust at low RPMS...i want another exhaust badly

Old 08-26-2007, 11:29 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Have someone hop in your car, and rev it slowly up in neutral to see where it is hitting. The thing with exhausts, is that even the smallest metal to metal contact can cause huge amounts of noise. On my Apexi WS2 exhaust, when I let off the gas or when it rained (it does this in the rain for some odd reason) it would make a super loud gurgling/banging sound that sounded really bad. Turns out, the bent was hitting a nut/bolt and just that little contact was all it took. So I put a few coats of silicone on there and it solved the problem, except for in rain. If you dont have anyone to rev the engine, jack the car up and examine your piping closely for scratches.

Let us know how it turns out

Old 08-27-2007, 10:43 AM

I went back to the shop that did my install and somehow my muffler got stuck to my rear bumper which was the cause of the really bad sound. 19Accord97 hit it right on the nail for me, thanks.