Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

New Exhaust setup

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 04:12 AM
Default New Exhaust setup

Hey everyone, I just bought a 3A Racing muffler, the stock one had a rust spot that was gradually growing bigger, so i decided to get a new muffler, heres a video of it http://youtube.com/watch?v=74A8cTEfkYM
I noticed a lotta low end torque was lost haha, but there is much more high end torque than before. I was just curious what you guys might think of it, does it sound good, sound bad, or ricey?
Also the muffler was 60 bucks at autozone if anyone is wondering ^_^ much cheaper than having the stock one replaced. I had midas weld a custom 2.25 inch catback pipe, as well as the hangers and muffler, and they got rid of the resonator, which, from a physics perspective, would give more horsepower due to the fact that the exhaust doesnt have to expand into the resonator and slow down (due to increased volume) and then speed up again, though I would liked to have heard what it would sounded like with the resonator in place, perhaps it would have sounded better. sacrifice one thing for another lol

If anyone is interested I have pictures too

thanks in advance!