Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

parts for 2000 accord coupe

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 09:59 AM
Default parts for 2000 accord coupe

I'm very new to the whole forum concept so i hope i'm doing this right. I have a 2000 accord coupe and have been tinkering around with a cheap intake I got at an autozone and am shocked at the results. I'm looking to upgrade the intake and add a new exhaust system that doesn't make the car sound horribly nasally. I have a shop I do a lot of work with professionally (headlight restorations/high end detailing) that is willing to do the work for me as long as they don't have to "fiddle" with it to make it fit. i was hoping to get a few suggestions on easily installed systems that could give me the best horsepower boost while maintaining fuel efficiency. thanks!

Old 08-25-2013, 11:10 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to HAF

Don't worry too much with the forum thing, we all started somewhere and learned along the way.

Please don't take the rest of this the wrong way....please.

HP gain and fuel economy.....don't go in the same sentence. It is an air:fuel thing. The car is going to try to maintain the ideal ratio between the two (think that is around 14:1). So the more air you get into AND out of the engine = more fuel to keep the ideal air:fuel ratio correct.

Now this is going to be the strange part. I can't really help with brands/systems for upgrades on Honda's - I keep mine stock and the only thing I "upgrade" is the Chevelle.

Might PM live2rice and ask for him to chime in if he doesn't see this soon.....or other members with more knowledge on upgrades for the Honda might chime in.

Again, Thanks for joining.

Old 08-25-2013, 01:33 PM
Default thanks

Originally Posted by poorman212
Welcome to HAF

Don't worry too much with the forum thing, we all started somewhere and learned along the way.

Please don't take the rest of this the wrong way....please.

HP gain and fuel economy.....don't go in the same sentence. It is an air:fuel thing. The car is going to try to maintain the ideal ratio between the two (think that is around 14:1). So the more air you get into AND out of the engine = more fuel to keep the ideal air:fuel ratio correct.

Now this is going to be the strange part. I can't really help with brands/systems for upgrades on Honda's - I keep mine stock and the only thing I "upgrade" is the Chevelle.

Might PM live2rice and ask for him to chime in if he doesn't see this soon.....or other members with more knowledge on upgrades for the Honda might chime in.

Again, Thanks for joining.

thanks for the reply. i'm aware that more hp means less fuel efficiency but i was hoping for a recommendation on a system that had a decent hp gain but didn't completely rob my efficiency. after some brain work i realize PM stands for private message ultimately revealing what a noob i am to forums. so this isn't out of the ordinary to message someone out of the blue?

Old 08-28-2013, 05:50 PM
Super Moderator

Not too un-heard of......I get them every now and then.

Something along the lines of "if you have a chance can you look at this - copy the link from the browser bar to the PM and insert it - and give me any ideas if you can".

Link like this: https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/for...d-coupe-56330/