Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

point in the right direction

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 01:05 AM
Default point in the right direction

I bought a 2011 accord 3.5l ex-l coupe friday and ive been looking around since then and havent been able to find much info on the best place to start at performance modding. All I really need to know is what brands are trustworthy and where the best place to purchase would be. And btw, I posted in this section because I assume the first step would be intake/exhaust

Old 09-12-2013, 06:51 PM
Super Moderator

IMHO, there will not be much gain in HP by installing intake/exhaust.....don't get me wrong the "sound" is cool.

There are the trusted brands, K&n and Magnaflow for "systems". If you are looking for sound there are a few more brands that will get you there.

Old 09-12-2013, 07:12 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Brandonb40
I bought a 2011 accord 3.5l ex-l coupe friday and ive been looking around since then and havent been able to find much info on the best place to start at performance modding. All I really need to know is what brands are trustworthy and where the best place to purchase would be. And btw, I posted in this section because I assume the first step would be intake/exhaust
What are your goals?

Old 09-13-2013, 03:59 AM

Originally Posted by poorman212
IMHO, there will not be much gain in HP by installing intake/exhaust.....don't get me wrong the "sound" is cool.

There are the trusted brands, K&n and Magnaflow for "systems". If you are looking for sound there are a few more brands that will get you there.
While this may be true with 4-cylinders, there can actually be some benefit with the J35 V6s, providing they make more power.

Intake:
AEM or K&N. Best companies out there. AEM makes the best filters. And both are street legal.

Exhaust:
Its all a matter of preference, but go with a quality brand. No generic eBay junk.
Magnaflow, Greddy, Apexi, Tanabe are good brands.

The J35 actually has a exhaust collector built in, so you cannot get "headers" per say......since it is part of the engine. You can however upgrade the J-pipe, which runs from the exhaust collector to the catalytic converters.

I would look at joining my8thgen and v6performance forums, since they cater more specifically to your car, and will have a vast knowledge of information concerning modding the J35.