Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

Phase 2 (Received my headers....now what?)

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 12:22 PM
Default Phase 2 (Received my headers....now what?)

I got my Obx ceramic headers in the mail the other day

http://www.2kracing.com/product_info...oducts_id/1881

but before i go out and purchase the rest of my exhaust system, i want to make sure i'm buying the right thing from the experts (you guys ) ok....my question is...what's the max i can go with the rest of my exhaust system for max performance knowing that turbo will not be in the plans in the future?

Old 09-15-2006, 08:03 PM
Default RE: Phase 2 (Received my headers....now what?)

go wit watever the size of that header is, no point of getting anything larger than the downpipe size...2-2.25 the most....unless you plan to do some more work to the engine...

Old 09-15-2006, 08:14 PM

stupid question.....what IS the size are my headers?...i can't find the size of these anywhere...can anybody help me find the size of these?...thanks!!

Old 09-15-2006, 09:00 PM

that website dun tell you much bout it, cept the brand and the price....use the ruler and see how many inches it is

Old 09-16-2006, 02:31 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

It doesnt really matter what the size of the header are, it depends on the size of your catylic convertor. My OBX headers hooked directly up the my catylic convertor and then your exhaust system follows so really it depends on whether or not you are keeping your stock catilyc convertor. If you are, then look for an exhaust that says it is a direct replacement or will bolt right up without doing anything. Headers--->Catylic Convertor--->exhaust system

Old 09-16-2006, 03:44 PM

oh ok...a buddy of mine's has a magnaflow cat for sale still in box (cause he got rid of his honda) ...it states that it's direct fit, but it's only 2" .....will that downgrade my performance and produce a farty sound?....cause that's what i DON'T want

Old 09-16-2006, 04:45 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

If its direct fit then it should work fine. Don;t know how big the stock one is though. The catylic convertor can be a bottleneck but I chose to leave mine stock...oh well. lol Anyways, the farty sound is based on the muffler and exhaust that you have. Though im sure someone on here will provide a more in depth answer. I would try looking online or calling honda and finding out the specs on everything before you buy the cat.

Old 09-16-2006, 08:57 PM

i appreciate your help man!....i just found out that my headers are 2.25 so i actually went out online already and purchased a 2.25 magnaflow cat....the muffler itself is also a magnaflow...so i'm hoping this whole application'll (2.25 obx ceramic headers, magnaflow cat, and muffler) give me the performance, and sound that i'll like...

Old 09-17-2006, 03:46 AM

BostonPuppyDawg, let me know how your new OBX's hook up. I'm getting ready to get some for my 95 EX, but they will be ss.
Thanks!

Old 09-18-2006, 10:50 AM

once i get them installed i'll give the crew a few review of the power gains, performance, and sounds of a (2.25) obx ceramic headers, magnaflow cat, and magnaflow muffler.

Quick Reply: Phase 2 (Received my headers....now what?)