Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

Power from a F22B2

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 10:11 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Power from a F22B2

I've been thinking about beefing up my car's power alittle more. I'm asking if it would be a benefit to put on a slightly larger throttle body.
Just on a side note.....I did this on my 1998 Dodge Ram 1500 with a Fastman throttle body 52mm; stock was 48mm. And I got a crispier response and better towing benefit.

Old 05-12-2013, 03:06 AM

If you want power, don't just swap the tb.....you can also do an F23 intake manifold swap. you supposedly get pretty good gains off that.

Old 05-12-2013, 09:56 PM
Newest Of Newbies

thanks man, I'll look into it

Old 05-14-2013, 08:58 AM

I have a f22a did a tune up new NGK wires and plugs, all the basics. I put a cold air on it and noticed a huge difference. Then I put a full exhaust on it and the difference was amazing. I could break the tire loose at will. Which is nice when your in an accord haha : P I had to eventually take the headers off because it was too loud and my neighbors bitched too much, but if your looking for quick cheap power I'd suggest going that route.

You can find a cold air on e-bay for like 30 bucks that works just fine

Old 05-14-2013, 10:18 AM

Sorry I meant an F22B2 not a f22a

Old 05-14-2013, 08:27 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Thanks

Originally Posted by carbonfiber89
but if your looking for quick cheap power I'd suggest going that route.

You can find a cold air on e-bay for like 30 bucks that works just fine
My vehicle already has a AEM full-length cold air intake; the cone air filter is in the passenger side front fender. I had a flowmaster muffler, but hated the drone at 60+mph. So I installed a glass-pack, which is deep but w/o the droning. I have Bosch plugs +4 and Accel 8mm plug wires. Cat-converter deleted.

*Thank you for responding.*

I thought I might be able to add additional hp/tq. I don't want to fool around with a header. Bad luck with past projects. Thought a throttle body would be my next thing on the list?

Old 05-14-2013, 08:30 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by hondafreak91c
If you want power, don't just swap the tb.....you can also do an F23 intake manifold swap. you supposedly get pretty good gains off that.
What kinda hp/tq mods do you have?

Old 05-14-2013, 09:03 PM
Super Moderator

The F23 intake will help. Any decent power will come with the addition of an upgraded cam shaft. Check out bisimoto for those.

Just noticed your at Ft Bragg, that's where I am too.

Old 05-16-2013, 11:07 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Live2rice, you live in Fayetteville, your from NH and you like the boston bruins. You are just like my room mate. But he hates when people mod their cars? Go figure.

An intake would be radical, cam would be the best thing since sliced cheesed [lack of a better word]. I would have to let a pro tackle those. Not this guy.

Old 05-17-2013, 06:55 AM
Super Moderator

Sounds like a good guy lol.

If you haven't replaced your timing belt lately that'd be a good time to do the can since all that would be off already.

Quick Reply: Power from a F22B2