Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

question about exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 06:51 AM
Default question about exhaust

ok two days ago, i cut off my muffler, so i could weld on my fart can, i went to my buddys to get it welded on ( 150 bucks ) well his welder broke, and i got there and he couldnt do it, so i went back home, and didnt mind hearing the deeper tone that the car was producing.

that nite i went out to get some cigs, and left my wallet at home, and took my debit card, got my cheap cigs, and went home. when i got home, i walked in, and nothing seemed to be out of place, untill i went to my room, my audio system was stolen allong with three 12 inch subs, several amps, and my wallet... with two hundred bucks in it, so i went down into the basement, and they had taken a sawsall to my brand new garage door, busted in the door, and proceded to my ****.

none of my musical instruiments were touched, and more importiantly my chevelle wasnt touched.

My question is, will running around with out the muffler for a week or two on cause any harm to my self or my car? also i was told that i was back fireing pretty bad this morning by a fellow honda owner

Old 11-02-2007, 08:28 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: question about exhaust

If I were you, I'd probably put the old muffler in place and hold it together with a piece of flexible metal tubing and a few large hose clamps ..... should keep it quiet enough for 5-0 also. If you need some packing to make the tube fit better, get a box of un-soapped steel wool and unroll the pads .... twist or braid the wool into a rope to wrap around the pipe.

I've done this before for a rusted inlet to the muff where the pipe rusted through and broke apart ..... held until I could afford the new muff. Eventually, the steel wool will disintegrate, so it's not a permanent fix ..... I did it with a coat hanger and heavy-duty foil and it still worked well.

Old 11-02-2007, 12:01 PM

so what'd you do about the audio equipment?

Old 11-02-2007, 01:28 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Man, I feel for you! That really sucks...

At least you were gone, and didn't get shot or killed or anything...

Stupid thieves.