Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

Silencer on exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 09:45 AM
Default Silencer on exhaust?

I have this silencer on my exhaust, and when I put it on, it greatly reduces the noise of my exhaust (and I mean greatly). It still sounds pretty good at high revs but it doesnt roar like it used to. Here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...614&rd=1,1

Now my question is, will this significantly reduce power in my car? I know that I didn't gain much power to begin with with just h/i/e, but do I completely lose all the power I gained from these upgrades because of the silencer. I mean the air still goes through my sri and through the headers, nice and smooth, goes through my high-flow cat and bigger piping, just at the muffler it goes through that tiny passage of my silencer. There's a picture of my silencer in the auction.

Old 06-13-2007, 11:50 AM
Default RE: Silencer on exhaust?

It will decrease your gains by a little bit but I doubt you'll ever notice the difference unless you take it out to a track or something.... for day to day driving I doubt you'll notice anything at all

Old 06-13-2007, 11:51 AM

So my gains from the upgrades aren't 0, they just decreased a bit. Hell, the h/i/e upgrade isn't much to begin with anyway. Thanks.

Old 06-15-2007, 01:50 AM
RussianBear22
Unregistered

Hey I got the same part from ebay and didnt intall it yet. Did u get the part that comes from the tip to the actual exaust seperatly or you actually have the system. I got just the tip but it doesnt go on the stock exaust so i need to get the angle part the connects the tip and the exaust.

Old 06-15-2007, 08:54 AM

I just got a tip. The people who installed it provided new piping, bent it, and welded it and everything.

Old 06-15-2007, 10:02 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Was it mandrel bent?

Old 06-15-2007, 01:20 PM

What exactly is mandrel bent? They simply put the pipe into this machine and it bent it according to what the user set it to bend it at. It was a decently sized machine.

Old 06-15-2007, 01:37 PM
RussianBear22
Unregistered

Nah man when i pay 30$ for the exaust i wont spend 200$ on it's installation.

Old 06-15-2007, 09:56 PM

ORIGINAL: RussianBear22

Nah man when i pay 30$ for the exaust i wont spend 200$ on it's installation.
If you're just installing the new muffler, it shouldn't cost that much. You can do it yourself if you can weld, if not, a local shop or junkyard will weld it on for you for very cheap. The reason it cost me $100 to install was because I changed my entire catback.

Old 06-16-2007, 12:16 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

It makes a huge difference.

The mandrel allows the exhaust pipes to be bent into smooth curves without undesirable creasing, kinking, or collapsing.

Quick Reply: Silencer on exhaust?