Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

Stock accord, and I want to make it more fun.

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 02:21 AM
TailsnessAccord
Unregistered
Default Stock accord, and I want to make it more fun.

Hi everyone, its really cool I found some forums dedicated to my first car. I have a 99 Honda accord. It looks exactly like this.

Honda Accord

My car unfortuantly is Auto, but i have to work with what i got and be happy I even have a car right? So I wanted to add some stuff to my car. After reading some stuff online and finding this gold mine of info I got some ideas. first I heard a K&N air filter would be good to have because of increased power and mpg. Then I read some stuff about CAI's, but they are kinda epensive and the hydro locking thing scares me. I found as an alternative to the CAI I could buy a Short ram intake which I am seriously considering. I also found throttle body spacers to be a good investment to. I dont know much about cars, but I have friends who are skilled in installing car parts. I want your guys opinions on these things and if I can even put any of these into my car. Thanks for your help and these forums are great.

Throttle spacer

AEM SRI

Im also kinda on a budget.

I am also wondering what are the specifics of my cars engine since on the back it doesnt say either EX DX or LX

Old 11-07-2006, 07:01 AM
Default RE: Stock accord, and I want to make it more fun.

depends what year model u have actualy... is it a V6 or a I4? it could be a F22 F23 H22 is it vtech? DOHC? SOHC?

Old 11-07-2006, 07:43 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

V6? if so comptech suerpcharger + dr evil automatic

I4? turbo is your friend although trans still needs to be beefed up

Old 11-07-2006, 01:09 PM
TailsnessAccord
Unregistered

Well I know its not v6 unfortunantly. I do know that its vtech but I dont know what kinda engine it exactly is. I opened the hood and all it says on the engine is " Honda Ulev Vtech". When I get home I can take some pictures of the engine if it would help you guys out.

Old 11-07-2006, 02:39 PM

throttle body spacers are a waste of time and money for most 4 cyl motors (unless you want to hook Nitrous up to it), the Short Ram Intake can be found for about $40.00 shipped off ebay, Bomz makes a good one, find the one that has a filter with a "cone" going into the center of it

Old 11-07-2006, 02:57 PM
TailsnessAccord
Unregistered

Well I was willing to spend the 140 or whatever on that AEM one, and is the throttle spacer really not worth it? I mean I wanna do as much as I can without having to do all the big stuff. I really cant afford nitrous or turbo so what exactly can I do with my car that will make its performance better?

Old 11-07-2006, 05:34 PM

I agree with the above, forget the throttle body spacer. Those are really only good for carbeurated/TBI type of vehicles. Stick to the basics. Get the SRI then headers and then exhaust. From there you can get pulleys, ignition goodies, maybe a mild camshaft, etc. There is also the bottle for that extra punch...

Old 11-07-2006, 05:38 PM

here's an estimated breakdown (providing you don't need C.A.R.B. exempt stuff) Intake SRI styel $40.00, Headers OBX $300.00, Exhaust WSII $350.00, Unorthodox pulleys $225.00, Suspension Coilover, KYB shocks and some good springs $600-$1000.00, Mild Cam $200.00ish, Nology Spark Plug wires $140.00, and that's where I'd start and probably the order I'd go in for the most part (well I might do suspension first depends on what I wanted to do) Hope that helps!