Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

What resonator fits 8th gen accord v6 coupe? Dynamax or magnaflow deeper tone.

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2015, 12:32 AM
Default What resonator fits 8th gen accord v6 coupe? Dynamax or magnaflow deeper tone.

Hi guys. Would like some advice about resonators. I am looking towards a dynamax resonator that gives a little more growl to the stock exhaust system. If not, I could go for magnaflow but I am not sure which models will fit the rear resonator replacement? I have removed mid muffler with straight pipe and it sounds great. Now I would like some deeper tone like my friend's TL that has a dynamax as well. What is a glasspacked one? is the lining glass inside? I am completely new to resonators.

If anyone has experience and knows what models fit, please let me know! Thanks!

Old 03-03-2015, 01:47 AM

I've only used Magnaflow resonators in the past, and have been very happy with them.

And generally speaking, the resonator's job is not to change the tone of the exhaust (that's the muffler's job). It basically creates a resonating chamber to "filter" out all of the bad noise aka "rasp" the engine creates. Granted, switching from a stock resonator to an aftermarket one will change the tone somewhat, its not going to be that dramatic, and really won't make it deeper. You'r better off getting a muffler that you like, and installing an aftermarket resonator in conjunction with that.

Old 03-03-2015, 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by hondafreak91c
I've only used Magnaflow resonators in the past, and have been very happy with them.

And generally speaking, the resonator's job is not to change the tone of the exhaust (that's the muffler's job). It basically creates a resonating chamber to "filter" out all of the bad noise aka "rasp" the engine creates. Granted, switching from a stock resonator to an aftermarket one will change the tone somewhat, its not going to be that dramatic, and really won't make it deeper. You'r better off getting a muffler that you like, and installing an aftermarket resonator in conjunction with that.
thanks for the reply! Here is what happened recently. I straight piped the resonator. left the mid muffler. The vehicle had a very nice sound(no rasp). Up until recently, I decided I would want to take out the straight pipe and replace it with a aftermarket dynomax 24235 resonator which I thought would give even more growl if I also remove mid muffler(which I did). Anyways, After replacing straight pipe with dynomax resonator and removing mid muffler. my car has the same sound except this time, with rasp because of the dynomax. I can hear it rumbling when idling and 1-2k rpms. What can I do? Put the stock resonator back in or can I get magnaflow mufflers? Will the mufflers fix the rasp? I dont want to replace exhaust with whole exhaust system. Just mufflers.