Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

Who has the best price on a header?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 12:44 PM
Default Who has the best price on a header?

The flex pipe is leaking on my 91 EX so I'm thinking time for a header but not sure who to go with. I've seen some good stuff about OBX so I'm thinking that's the route to take but who has the best price around?
Thanks
Jason

Old 06-13-2006, 06:16 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered
Default RE: Who has the best price on a header?

I have an OBX header..though it hasnt been installed yet. I got mine off eBay for $177

Old 06-14-2006, 07:01 AM

I bought a full header set down to the cat (including the flex section) on eBay for about $70.-- at my door!!!! The parts fit perfectly and are CNC cut and welded for a perfect fit... I was surprised!! They have two locations to screw in the o2 sensor, on top for the DX/LX and below for the EX/SE... I love the way the car hangs on the gas now, -- easy!! I get about 35 mls / gal with an easy foot and a cold air intake, a high flow cat and a cat-back system. It drives like a whole different car. It didn't use to make any power until about 3500 rpm. Now it pulls hard right off the line... :-)

Old 06-14-2006, 10:32 AM

I was looking at the OBX stainless steel one, I've heard some good things about them from this board. Let me know how the install goes.
Thanks
Jason

Old 06-14-2006, 10:35 AM

Your entire install fit without any issues? That's good to hear, especially since I too have a 91. Did you say you also bought a cat or the parts went to the cat and you kept your stock one? I'm considering an OBX high flow cat from NOPIonline.com but not sure yet. Apparently there are two different engines in these cars and I need to determine where the stamp is on the block.
Jason

Old 06-14-2006, 01:08 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

cwalti Did you notice a big improvement gas mileage wise? I'm hoping to see one when I install everything. terminator, my car is currently in the shop and I will be ordering my Apexi WS2 exhaust at the end of the month and will install it together and let you know how it goes. The Headers I have dont have a flex section but I dont think the stock one does either, but the quality seems to be pretty well built, just w/e you do...dont buy those 50-80 headers that are no namers, there have been a few posts where people have have major problems. Oh and watch out for high flow cats because many don't have holes for your O2 sensor and will trigger your check engine light. I was looking at an OBX high flow to but it didnt have the hole for the sensor.

Old 06-16-2006, 12:29 AM

Your CB7 ('90 - '93) don't have feedback cats, so there is no o2 sensor location. I have currently a 'High flow Cat' that is a straight through pipe. I live in Calif. and will be fitting the stock cat back on when I get a chance. Yes, the car drives VERY different. I also added a voltage stabilizer and a ground kit. They all claim power gains but I don't think it is real, - still stabilizing the voltage can certainly NOT hurt anything (its just a big cap!) and good ground everywhere does not hurt either. I would agree that the fuel economy is substatially increased. On both ends of the head all restrictions have been removed and intake and exhaust are flowing freely. The difference is remarkable. I still have a 4-8 SE intake that I need to bolt up and will see how much that helps in addition... Let's be clear, - I don't make 200+ whp, -- but compared to what it felt like before the improvement is unmistakable... I would guess the milage improvement to be 7 - 8 mpg...