Would a '04 cool air intake filter fit my (newly bought) 2011 Accord Coupe 2.4L? - Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

Old 06-17-2017, 10:06 AM

Default Would a '04 cool air intake filter fit my (newly bought) 2011 Accord Coupe 2.4L?

Hi all:

A week ago I joined the Honda Accord owner ranks.
I purchased a 2011 Accord Coupe i4 2.4L AT.

I still have my 2004 Acura TSX 2.4L i4 6MT in excellent shape.

Why the change? I broke my left ankle. And the city morning commute I do anywhere from 0-4x a week was getting just awful to deal with a manual transmission.

Anyhoo... The '04 TSX has a 'cool air' air filter bolt on intake. The TSX sounds wicked when the VTEC opens up. Epic, I love it.

Was wondering if I can simply swap this over to the Accord. Similar but not the same engines.
The seller of the TSX was my best friend and he was studious enough to keep the stock TSX air filter box and filter and hand that over to me.

I think, but am not sure, it's a K & N filter. It does not have a pipe extension, it simply bolts in where the stock air box used to go and has a tapered cone shape to it's open red filter with mesh.

I know I should just go try it myself, but I'm not near either car for several days, and with my broken ankle every single thing is a big major p.i.t.a. until I can ditch the crutches for good.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Would a '04 cool air intake filter fit my (newly bought) 2011 Accord Coupe 2.4L?-broke-ankle-wide-2-images.png