New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

03 coupe v6

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2016, 03:44 PM
Default 03 coupe v6

I have owned this car for 6 years. The car has 160k on it.
My plan since I have a little money to put in the car is get more power out of it and make it sound better. I want more go than show. I am currently changing a lot of the lights to LEDs. I don't want to lower the car but want to make handle better. I am going to put different shoes on it too, stepping up to 18's

Old 03-29-2016, 06:09 PM

Welcome to the forum, Foghornleghorn

Have fun with your mods. I like the idea of the wheel upgrade... In my opinion, 17's are a bit small, 19's a bit large.. yet, 18's seem a good fit for the Accord

Old 03-29-2016, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Prospector
Welcome to the forum, Foghornleghorn

Have fun with your mods. I like the idea of the wheel upgrade... In my opinion, 17's are a bit small, 19's a bit large.. yet, 18's seem a good fit for the Accord
That's exactly what I was thinking

Old 03-31-2016, 02:29 AM
Former Sponsor

Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you here. Show us your Accord when you can, you have a great plan on it! There are lots of great choices for parts, service and many owners willing to help you. Feel free to ask any questions if needed - we are always ready to help!

Old 03-31-2016, 03:05 PM

I wish there was a tuner for this car. Can a local tuner tune the car after all the upgrades?

Old 03-31-2016, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by foghornleghorn
I wish there was a tuner for this car. Can a local tuner tune the car after all the upgrades?
Are you inquiring about a 'chip"? There are a number of tuners on the market, most are unreliable and rarely deliver as promise. In other words: a waste of money

The best tune is to simply bring the vehicle up to specs

Old 03-31-2016, 03:30 PM

I was wondering about engine tuners. The guys that put the car on a dyno and run a lap top to the computer to reprogram it. Wondering if there is a such thing for these cars?

Old 03-31-2016, 05:57 PM
Super Moderator

PCM/ECU tuning for these is not as easy as what you see on TV or read about for things like a chevy/ford/dodge. They are out there but the cost and trouble of them is not worth it.

You would be better off spending that money on other things.....are all of the suspension things up to date and maybe upgrade them......poly bushings, new struts/spring - lowering type is up to you.

Be sure the maintenance items are up to date.....timing belt job, trans fluid changes (both auto and manual need this), brakes are up to speed, plugs changed, ect.

To get a few more "ponies" out of the car, there are some upgraded J-Pipes you could look into getting - the OE J-pipe is a bit constricted on these and the upgraded ones get a little better flow. Just need to know the local emission laws before going too far.

Old 03-31-2016, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by poorman212
PCM/ECU tuning for these is not as easy as what you see on TV or read about for things like a chevy/ford/dodge. They are out there but the cost and trouble of them is not worth it.

You would be better off spending that money on other things.....are all of the suspension things up to date and maybe upgrade them......poly bushings, new struts/spring - lowering type is up to you.

Be sure the maintenance items are up to date.....timing belt job, trans fluid changes (both auto and manual need this), brakes are up to speed, plugs changed, ect.

To get a few more "ponies" out of the car, there are some upgraded J-Pipes you could look into getting - the OE J-pipe is a bit constricted on these and the upgraded ones get a little better flow. Just need to know the local emission laws before going too far.
I just ordered the rv6 PCD and jpipe. I am going to replace the front bumper cover (cracks are in it) Cold air intake and engine torque damper are going to be here tomorrow. Just got a front end alignment (had to replace the upper ball joints) I want to get projector headlights so I can have HID's I am also getting alot of lights through the car replaced with LED's
My plan is to make this car alot more fun to drive

Old 04-01-2016, 06:00 PM
Super Moderator

Good luck. You might thing about a "mini" build type thread in one of the sections showing the before and after pic's of your work/efforts.