New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

2000 honda accord

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2005, 12:04 PM
Default RE: 2000 honda accord

ORIGINAL: remington870_20ga

ORIGINAL: 6thgen

Trying to turbo the 6th Gen V6 would be pricey, because it'd require custom manifolds, downpipes and piping. Then you'd need the EMS which is $1400 w/o wideband. The Comptech is the most reasonable. Approx. $3800 and approx. $1000 in installtion cost, depending your location. It's good for at or near 300whp coupled with minor bolt-ons. www.comptechusa.com they have the dyno plot there. A guy in Chicago just broke into the 13's with the kit (13.98 at 101) and some other mod's.
I was only mentioning the SC because they dont put out the PSI levels a turbo is capable of... and an engine with close to high mileage doesnt need huge pressure inside of it. Turbos are also a pain in the *** to get in there and their dependability isnt as good a SC. But the right turbo can double power without a doubt.

And about the kit coils. It like this: the more you pay the better the product, like most sayings this one is true.
I got you...as far as Coilovers, you can get some decent to awesome ones in the $500-$1000 range. I have the A'pexi WS Dampers. They are height adjustable, but lack damping adjustability. I got those for $550 shipped a year ago.

Also I got your email Dinz, but couldn't reply, but here's the info to share

Bolt-ons coupled with, the Supercharger can yield that 300hp, the next thing is probably buy a Unichip and have it tuned or AEM EMS www.unichip.us and www.aempower.com. The tranny may not hold up long, but you could always swap to a manual. The tranny in the 6th gen is not strong and is probably the biggest problem. Actually I'd put money up that the tranny will fail sooner than you think.

Old 05-03-2005, 11:54 PM

thanks again to all of you guys,
based on what i have researched and the great feedback from you guys i think i have my plan of action

yes i need to get that belt and pump done, local guy here wants $700 for the job, i have to shop around a bit get some quotes.

once that is done, i m going with some performance struts and breaks after a 116k, handling and ride right now aint all that!!!.

cant say enough about the engine thougt, it still delivers big, love love the vtec...

I want to go with the supercharge system but i am really concerned about that tranny issue, i have serviced my tranny very well
however as we all know, despite servicing, all moving parts have a shelf life to consider, so i have to research the tranny issue further before adding the extra hp..
so.

as an aside, my honda had the rear wheel bearings repalce under warrant in the first year, when they went my car sounded like a friggen jet plane in the rear, i just noticed last week, that sound starting again, no where like the first one, but you can hear it, perhaps a problem to look out for.

Old 05-04-2005, 01:00 AM

question : - have you replaced your front rotors yet?

Old 05-04-2005, 02:31 AM

No prob...some s/c'd trannies have held up, but most have taken a beaten like a cop in a cell.

Old 05-04-2005, 09:09 PM

evlampius, you meam front brake rotors rithg?, the answer would be no, are you suggesting the noise may be the rear brake rotors ,may be the source of the hum noise, also anyone have heads up on the SRS light being illuminated, i have to check the manual
but i figure this knowledgable bunch may know

Old 05-04-2005, 11:03 PM

yes = front rotors . sometimes when you handle them improperly you can damage bearings. but that's just a thought, bearings can go bad and make humming noise - but you can't really tell without checking it.

Old 05-05-2005, 02:47 AM

no rotor change in the vehicles life? WE changed ours at about 60 k but I am a madman in turns.

Old 05-09-2005, 11:03 AM

okay guys thanks for your points on the rotors, only brake work ever done has been the pads a couple of times and had the rotors resurfaced once as i recall
im pretty heavy on he brakes myself so i have alwasy been carefull in not letting the pads get to the point where the wear indicators.
i do intend to purchase and fit perfomance brakes so i will be looking at this topic a bit further.

Old 05-09-2005, 01:15 PM

hey guys just as info,
called around today one the timing belt/water pump replacement issues.
prices are all pretty consistant, in the low $700 range.

belts at about 47 to 50, pumps at the 110 to 120 range, rest is in labour, flsuh the system so on and so forth, so i will be plunking out the cash considering the alternative a wise investment i guess

next job will be the suspension ,6th gen, can you expand on the dampening issue for me, i know what you mean with the height adjustment,

also have you guys found shopes that are willing to just do the labour if you bring the parts in,
i was thinking that perhaps some of the se chains, pep boys, bridgstone, may not go for that since
parts mark up is big revenue.. also do you think the level of mechanices at these type of places could install a supercharger!!
tks for your input

Old 05-09-2005, 09:13 PM

I'd rather hav someone who works with aftermarket performance parts install and tune. They've blown up enough engines in their lives to know the do's and dont's.

Quick Reply: 2000 honda accord