New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

2000 Honda Accord EX V6 [automatic]

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 12:16 AM
kidglove
Unregistered
Default 2000 Honda Accord EX V6 [automatic]

Hello everyone....... I am new here but happy to have found you all. I recently purchased a 2000 Accord EX V6 [automatic] with 33,877 miles on it. I have a few questions regarding the transmission 'recall' {yeah, I didn't know about that until after the fact!} I read on another post something about the 'transmission recall check'......... What exactly is that??? Would a good/certified/legitimate mechanic be able to determine if my car has one of the bad ones???? How many cars does Honda think were affected??? Were they able to nail anything down as far as VIN goes [ie. was it a stretch of X-number of cars that came off the assembly line during a certain period of time with VIN's between Y + Z??]. I do NOT appear to be having any noticeable issues right now (I've had the car about a month and put about 3000 miles on it)....... Is there a cetain time frame <years +/or mileage> that it's more likely to go???? How will I know if I'm in the free and clear??? Also, I'm questioning the whole "RECALL" thing because on the Honda website it just talks about how they extended the warranty from 3/36 to 7/100k......... so does that basically mean that unless I have problems by the end of next year [ I don't think I'll reach that mileage first! ] that I'm SOL???? Secondly I would like some advice/opinions from any/all experts/enthusiasts regarding doing the timing belt/water pump; owner's manual says 105k and I think 84 months; I've heard others say 5-6 years, and not necessarily contingent on the mileage within that time-frame, unless of course it's 105k! Supposedly this car was driven, {very little}, by an elderly woman......... given the mileage I'm thinkin' it was only for local-yocal stuff (bank/post office/grocery store/doctor's appointments)........... so I'm thinking that the time is more of an issue vs. the mileage. Any thoughts?? And lastly, I do NOT have any service records; I DO KNOW where the car was originally sold but I have already called them and they have NO record of doing any work on the car {I guess it wasn't 'dealer serviced' at THAT dealership!!!!!} Is there any way to find out if it was serviced at another dealership???? Other than randomly calling any/all Honda dealerships in/around NYC-Long Island. If I can't find out anything, should I just get a 30,000 mile service done and use that as my starting point and go from there????

I would appreciate any/all input/advice you may have to offer.

Thanks in advance.

Kidglove

Old 11-07-2006, 12:36 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: 2000 Honda Accord EX V6 [automatic]

ALL 2000 and 2001 accords are covered under the 7 year 100K warranty extension. The warranty starts from the "In Service" date which you can obtain from your dealer

The warranty is for 7 years or 100K miles whichever comes first.......

There is NO RECALL ON THESE CARS FOR THE TRANSMISSION

Old 11-10-2006, 11:39 AM
Administrator

Hi New Member..Thanks for joining the forums....

I think if you do a car fax you can find out most everything about that car..am I right you other members who may have used carfax.com ??

WheelbrokerAng [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 11-12-2006, 07:43 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

if you want to find out the true accident history, run the VIN past your insurance agent (if you have one) they will tell you about ALL of the accidents that have been reported to the Insurance company.

Carfax only reports on "major" accidents that adversely affect the value of the car. I asked them what did they mean by that since a car that has been in any accident is automatically worth less than the same make/model that has not been.........

They reported my car as Guarenteed accident free when in fact that was not the case as the car was in 2 accidents 4-2002 and 5-2006 for $67x and $78x respectively.