New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

2007 accord, 4cylinder radiator fan no working

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2023, 06:57 PM
Smile 2007 accord, 4cylinder radiator fan no working

Good morning/Afternoon/Evening everyone I own a 2007 accord 4cylinder black and here in Nigeria the radiator fan is usually made to run constantly, with the thermostat removed. I'm on a mission to restore it to OEM setting, got a new thermostat, new trigger sensor(temp sensor 2 located below the radiator) but my temp gets high enough past the middle but the fan doesn't kick in. I checked the wiring, fuses and relays everything checked out, when I turn on the AC both fans kick in, I jumped the temp sensor 2 terminals which is supposed to run the fan but it didn't, tested the two pins on the plug one had 12v but the other didn't, and I'm sure it's supposed to have both a positive and a ground. Pls I need some help... I'm stuck.

Scan the ecu for codes and post it here. Black smoke from the exhaust typically means your car is running rich and this can cause it to misfire under load.

The AC fan is not meant to come on when the engine is heated up or up to operating temp. It only kicks on when the AC is one, there are two fans, condenser fan (passenger side) and radiator fan (driver side). The radiator fan kick in to maintain operating temp and prevent 9verheating, while the other condenser fan kicks on only when the AC is turned on to compensate of more heat caused by extra load on the engine. Cheers🥂

Originally Posted by TimiAkhigbe
Good morning/Afternoon/Evening everyone I own a 2007 accord 4cylinder black and here in Nigeria the radiator fan is usually made to run constantly, with the thermostat removed. I'm on a mission to restore it to OEM setting, got a new thermostat, new trigger sensor(temp sensor 2 located below the radiator) but my temp gets high enough past the middle but the fan doesn't kick in. I checked the wiring, fuses and relays everything checked out, when I turn on the AC both fans kick in, I jumped the temp sensor 2 terminals which is supposed to run the fan but it didn't, tested the two pins on the plug one had 12v but the other didn't, and I'm sure it's supposed to have both a positive and a ground. Pls I need some help... I'm stuck.
pls I need urgent response, this is making me run mad

Last edited by shipo; 05-01-2023 at 07:16 AM. Reason: Duplicate threads
Old 05-01-2023, 03:38 PM

Or please where does the two wires for the ect sensor 2 go to, one is a ground which is the black one, the yellow and red goes where?.