New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

94 Honda Accord A/C issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2020, 05:36 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by Seanjordan20
Well you are below industry standards. I don't like those readings though. You still have the issue with it not cycling on and off. Are you sure it's suppose to? You may be looking at a bad relay. Pull the relay to see if it disengage. If it does then you have a problem before the relay it is doesn't then it's after the relay (bad wire). Does the clutch work along with the a/c button?
I actually noticed it does cycle off along with the fans. It just stays on a long time, cycles off for not very long and then runs for a bit again. It cycles on and off with the button.

Old 06-23-2020, 05:45 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

At this point is there an issue? From my experience there's not (minus me not liking those numbers). Are you sure it was 22 you put in. If I'm not mistaken you should have 23 ounces instead. That's probably why the numbers are so low and it is staying on longer. Your pressures are not building up fast enough on the high side

Old 06-23-2020, 06:05 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Well you are below industry standards. I don't like those readings though. You still have the issue with it not cycling on and off. Are you sure it's suppose to? You may be looking at a bad relay. Pull the relay to see if it disengage. If it does then you have a problem before the relay it is doesn't then it's after the relay (bad wire). Does the clutch work along with the a/c button?
At this point is there an issue? From my experience there's not (minus me not liking those numbers). Are you sure it was 22 you put in. If I'm not mistaken you should have 23 ounces instead. That's probably why the numbers are so low and it is staying on longer. Your pressures are not building up fast enough on the high side
I could give it a bit more of a charge and see. No issues blowing cold. Just those numbers. And the clutch and fans staying on for very long periods of time. I can try to give it a little trickle charge to see about getting those numbers to come up and report back.

Old 06-23-2020, 08:49 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by toptechauto
I could give it a bit more of a charge and see. No issues blowing cold. Just those numbers. And the clutch and fans staying on for very long periods of time. I can try to give it a little trickle charge to see about getting those numbers to come up and report back.
Well! I'm going to consider my issue fixed! Here's what I did. Re-evacuated the system for an hour total. Vacuum held steady. Happen to notice a high amount excess oil and dye from a previous charge (not the last one). I then charged the system just as described and now everything blows even colder! I took it for a 20 min drive on the highway. I didn't have time to recheck the pressures but did notice the fans and compressor seem to be kicking on and off more in proper sequence than just staying on all the time like previously.

Old 06-24-2020, 02:59 AM

Glad you got it resolved. If it's gives you another issue let us know

Old 06-24-2020, 09:55 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Glad you got it resolved. If it's gives you another issue let us know
I will surely update if there are further issues. It helps to have solid information to go off of. The high pressure side I know continued to be in range. I'm not sure what would cause that low side to be low though. Maybe a blockage? Weak compresso? Either way down the road I was planning on replacing the receiver/drier and condenser at some point soon as I feel they could be working better. Thank you for your help!

Old 06-24-2020, 10:34 AM

If you do that make sure you get the expansion valve also.

Old 07-07-2020, 09:50 PM
Newest Of Newbies

So I have new information on this. I thought this ac system could use a tune up a bit. So I got the receiver drier and the expansion valve as per suggested and installed them both. Redid the evacuation and refill as discussed but also added around an ounce of pag 100 oil figuring I lost some in the process of replacing those parts. Current readings while idling are better? 45 to 55 on low side 225 to 250 on high side. The only issue now is that the air isn't really as noticeably cold as used to be. Did I do something wrong??

Old 07-08-2020, 06:49 AM

Did you put an IR thermometer or thermometer in the vent to see what the temp was blowing at. When you do it make sure you have the car a/c for a little bit before measuring so it can cool down.

Also you being at 55 on the low side is a little high. Do you know what the ambient temp was

Old 07-08-2020, 06:56 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Did you put an IR thermometer or thermometer in the vent to see what the temp was blowing at. When you do it make sure you have the car a/c for a little bit before measuring so it can cool down.

Also you being at 55 on the low side is a little high. Do you know what the ambient temp was
Ambient temp was low 80s so I figured the low side was a bit high. No I haven't been able to get a thermometer in there yet but I can. Do you think it's just possible the refrigerant needs to circulate more or that I added too much oil?

Quick Reply: 94 Honda Accord A/C issue