New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Accord from Quebec

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2016, 05:55 PM
Default Accord from Quebec

Hello !

I used to have a 1978 hatchback Honda Accord, loved that car but it finally vanished in rust...

Till yesterday, our family had 2 1995 Civics. A 4 door coupe and a hatchback, both with 5 speed manual.

Yesterday we bought a 2007 Honda Accord EX V6. It's a beautiful car in pristine condition. The only thing that worries me about this car is it's mileage... The lack of it really...

This car is almost 10 years old and yet it only has 25,000 kilometers or about 11,500 miles... I would be much less concern if that car had 100,000 kilometers more...

That car belonged to a couple. It was the lady's car. Her husband always had a car furnished by his job. They live in front of a large shopping center, the lady didn't work and enjoyed walking...

Maintenance was done every year at a Honda dealer...

We are paying $ 10,000. CDN for this car...

It's very comfortable and rides great. No bumps, no scratches, interior and exterior is perfect, leather, sunroof and all...

Carfax is clean...

Should I worry ?

Dominik

Old 04-25-2016, 07:37 PM

Welcome to the forum, Walterkilo

I too (years ago) bought a Honda with nearly unbelievable low mileage, it was one of those, '...belonged to a little old lady who only drove it to church on Sunday'; in the glove box was a stack of service receipts. Also included was the previous owner's name and telephone #. I called the #.

Turns out that everything about the car was true and it was one of the most reliable vehicles I've owned.

Bottom line: Enjoy... and, congratulations

Old 04-26-2016, 06:06 AM

Welcome to the forum. I wouldn't worry about the low mileage on that car. It is not old enough for age to be a big factor and sounds like it was driven occasionally and serviced regularly. Should be a great car for you for years to come.

Old 04-26-2016, 07:01 AM

Thank you very much for your welcoming !

We don't have the car just yet... I work with Luc, the seller. A very nice "peculiar" person... Actually, at this point, he only have 3 "dodo" (working days) before retirement. He has planned it all...

The first thing he does after his last working day is to go to the dealer and buy his well thought of "dream" car... In his case, that would be a fully loaded Acura RDX. Luc always had Honda's and nothing could change that !

It is planned that as soon as he gets his new wheels I will take the old ones...

Thank you for your reassurances... Now I just feel that I'm paying a bit too much but I'm sure I will get over it as soon as I will see my wife's smile driving this beautiful Honda Accord !

Dominik
Montreal, Qc.

Old 04-28-2016, 12:40 AM
Administrator
Talking Hello New Member

Thank You for joining the HAF..glad to have you here in the forums..

WheelBrokerAng

Attached Images  
Old 04-28-2016, 08:49 AM
Super Moderator

I completely agree, don't worry about the lack of mileage.