New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Another New Member Dropping In!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by ollieauto
Hey Derek,

You won't believe this but just a few weeks after my initial introduction and saying my 2002 SE is a keeper, I was made an offer I couldn't refuse. A military friend is getting shipped out to another location and he was looking for a buyer for his 2004 EX-L V6. The deal was such a good one ($5,400 for it) that I couldn't pass it up. So as of two days ago, I am now the proud owner of a 7th generation EX-L like yours. According to Edmunds, this V6 is only one mile per gallon thirstier than my straight 4 cylinder. I can live with that! I am loving the 240 horses from the V6. This feels just as good if not better than the 04 TSX I used to have.

I have a buyer for the SE coming to pick it up tomorrow. I'm selling it for $4,800 so for a net increase of just $600 I was able to leap two years, 1 generation and two cylinders ahead. Not a bad deal!

P.S. The Fit sold almost immediately after we put it up on Craigslist.
Congratulations, Ollie! It sounds like a great deal. Did you get a four-door or a coupe (mine is a coupe)? You'll definitely have to post some pics when you get a chance.

On the highway, the V6 is pretty fuel efficient, given its size. I do notice a slight difference around town, however. Still, it's a great engine and a blast when you want to drive with some 'zip.'

How many miles does it have?

Old 08-22-2012, 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by DerekWildstar
Congratulations, Ollie! It sounds like a great deal. Did you get a four-door or a coupe (mine is a coupe)? You'll definitely have to post some pics when you get a chance.

On the highway, the V6 is pretty fuel efficient, given its size. I do notice a slight difference around town, however. Still, it's a great engine and a blast when you want to drive with some 'zip.'

How many miles does it have?
It's a sedan (noticed yours is a coupe after I posted my message) with 136,000 which doesn't make me nervous since I have driven nothing but Hondas for years and have taken a few over the 200k mark with no problems at all. It's less than 2 inches wider and pretty much the same length as my 2002 but it feels bigger when I'm driving for some reason. Loving it so far but not as nimble as my previous 99 or the 02.

Last edited by ollieauto; 10-19-2012 at 04:45 AM.