New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Another Newbie from CNY

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 07:21 PM
Default Another Newbie from CNY

Hi I'm new here. Just reg today. I'm hoping to to look around here and find all sorts of helpful info.
Well, first off. My sister has the 90 Accord LX. It's a nice car. And a quick bit of history we have done to it in the past few years. The car came wioth brand new Blizzaks and the winter was just starting here Cerntal NY. And we could tell right off the hop that the clutch or TOB was going. So we bought a clutch masters "I think". It was a dual friction clutch, I remeber that part. She didn't have enough to get a lightweight flywheel. So we had to pass on that opportunaity. Next we did the suspension. Bought 4 new KYB GR-2s and Eibahc sportline springs. And we had to buy the adjuster kits for the frot and rear, which I think cost more than all for springs and struts. or real close to it, if I remeber corrcetly. This was a few years ago. Than we got the k&N SRI (red to match the car). Than the Rad went. SO we got a new one and some OBX Rad hoses. That it was a good time to put in new plugs and wires. Since they looked the origanl ones. We got a MSD 9mm I think (red to match the car) and some bosch single Plats. And we put on a new "clear" Accel Dis Cap and rotor and we put a new Bosch coil on also. And than we put on new brakes. Brembo slotted in the front and brembo (I think) drums. Got some nice pads and shoes and we got some SS bradied brake lines. And we got some Futruas SS II tires for the summer (generic I know, we were low on casH). I also bought her some of those 1pc projector headlights assemblies. I got them in black and I got some of those bumper lenses, also in black and I put some silverstars in the bumper lights. I aslo had to replace the gas tank and straps and some the lines with new stuff. That was kind of a pain. And we put on a Flowmaster luffler and end pipe but that rusted out. And we have a cheap at back system on now, for the mean time. Their aslo some major oil leaking from the vale cover and plug wells. SO I had to take of the valve cover and put on a new gasket and plug well gskets and I put some of that RTV stuff on both sides of the new gaskets. And put everything back together. And everything has been fine since. I also cleaned up and painted the valve cover. And i guess that's about it for now. besides the usally random maintence stuff.
I have bought and wait for it to arrive is a Megan SS HEader. And I plan on buying the OBX high flow cat. ANd we'll worry about the rest fo the exhaust later on.
And she needs done is the driver sides dirve shaft. Both Cv boots are complete rippd all the way around. So we'll get a new shaft and haver cole muffler install it. casue I don't know how to to half shaft. But also, we were told that wheel bearing is also going along with the upper ball joint. So we'll get that stuff also.
But that's about enough of the car for now. We live in Oneida, Ny. Are their any other CNYers out their?? I see some Accords around here and Syracuse that look like they had some work done to them. But then again who doesn't see any Honda driving around wiht nothing done to them
ALright, I hope to enjoy my stay here

Old 02-26-2008, 08:36 PM
Default RE: Another Newbie from CNY

Welcome to the site. That is one heck on an intro.