New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Belated newbie

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 11:46 PM
Default Belated newbie

Hey there,...I'm the guy that crashes into the left glass door before reading the "Please use other door" sign. This is only my second forum to participate in and the first was a computer forum. I typically read from the shadows but the crank bolt lured me out. You guys have been a tremendous help,...period.

Tom/48/Houston, Texas (ASL?). My '91 Honda Accord is a hand-me-down and greatly appreciated for the better gas mileage. I'm definitely an "old schooler" as I've yet to own a cell phone. I didn't use a computer,(mom's), until mid 2003 and that was a Win98, 300Mhz, "glorified word processor",(as my brother called it). I finally scraped up enough cash to build my own computer but I'm still trying to get used to being able to "multi-task". The hardware part came easy but the software,("Please use other door"), has been a little slower to sink in. I think it's a left brain/right brain thing.

I'm quiet and reserved in public and tend to keep to myself. Not so reserved in cyberland. I try to keep things short and to the point but there's no one visably ignoring me or telling me to "shutup already!" so I tend to run-on when typing. I'll apologize for that now and remind everyone that this is not required reading and there will be no pop-test.

I'm an artist,(right brained), but have yet to make a living at it. I make my "living" doing handyman work and fixing computers,(mostly for family and friends),but taking care of my mom is job one. Dad passed away in Feb. and, as far asI know, he left everything to the stepfamily other than his car which my sister inherited. My sister handed down his older car to me so this '91 Honda is my inheritance and has some sentimental value to it. I might have found info on how to fix this thing,...wow,...someone outside is screaming "shutup already!",...but like Tony1M said I might not have had the confidence to take this on,....so thanks HAF for that. I'll shutup already. Tom

Old 08-10-2007, 06:03 AM
Administrator
Default RE: Belated newbie

Hello Tom ( rugrat) and Welcome to the forums..Happy to have you in here with us..
There is a lot of help here in your new forum...

WheelBrokerAng