New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Blah, Blah, Blah...

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 05:30 AM
Default Blah, Blah, Blah...

Hello -

I'm Holly. Just purchased the most immaculate 1989 Honda Accord LX-i. Literally not a scratch on it, just a couple of door dings. The only cosmetic defects are: one side of the driver's door handle is broken (stupid pot metal) but the broker is replacing it for me once he gets the part in. Also, one of the turn signal covers is popped out. Other than that, perfect.

It has the stock engine with no mods. Recently replaced belts. 134,500 miles. My boyfriend thinks it's going to blow its head gasket in 500 miles. He is admittedly in love with the car's condition, but is a hater on 3rd gen Accords in general because he owned a carbureted one that he didn't like. I told him if that happens, he can fix it or drop a new engine in. I am not a person who has the appropriate space to do my own work, so if any mods are to be done, I'm letting my bf do them. He currently has 2 Civics and a Galant, all of which he's working/worked on or rebuilt.

This is my second Honda. My previous one was a '91 Civic LX with 180k. It was a piece of garbage, super rough body even for its age. Freakishly clean interior, though. It had a broken engine mount, the water pump went out and a bearing started grinding like crazy after less than a month of owning it. I only paid $560 for it + new CV joints, so I sold it to get something better.

Other features of my Accord are a Clifford security system, Alpine CD player, alloys, and interior lighting. It came standard with the sunroof and the spoiler. I also pop my Garmin in there because I'm a dork.

Before owning Hondas, I had a 1991 Toyota MR2, a 1992 Nissan Stanza, 1993 Toyota Pickup, and a 1977 Mercedes Benz 300D. Before that I drove some beastly American cars. The MR2 was a sick car, but at almost 200k needed way more TLC than I could invest: valves, 2nd gear synchro, body work, leaky T-tops and all sorts of other things. The Stanza jumped time (stupid chain way down in the engine) and gave up the ghost. The truck belongs to my parents now. My bro crashed the Mercedes.

Hopefully I win the bet and my LX-i lasts me for at least a few years. I drive it like I'm a grandma. I learned my lessons...I have one more speeding ticket before my license is suspended, and I beat up my Stanza by driving it WAY too hard over the 40k miles I put on it.

Here are some pics of my current and past rides:

Current:

Garbage Civic:

MR2:

Stanza:

Old 01-20-2010, 06:04 AM

I should add..the Accord is an auto, not a manual, which I am sad about. Guess I'll appreciate it during rush hour... I'm no drag racer, just a chick who drives too fast to work and back.

Old 01-22-2010, 01:08 AM
Administrator
Talking Hello New Member Lxi

Hope you have a large garage to put all those cars in..

Welcome to the forums.

WheelBrokerAng

Old 01-22-2010, 02:05 AM

Thanks...

Just have the Accord now. And no boyfriend anymore...dumped him even though he would have been useful for fixing my Honda.