New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Browser?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2016, 04:44 AM
Default Browser?

Hi guys,
I was having some fun checking out my new 2016 accord and I tapped app list and then tapped browser but no connection? I tried plugging in my iPhone and did same steps again but still no connection. Am I doing something wrong or is the browser only for android phones? Help

Old 03-24-2016, 08:27 AM

I have an Android and all that is necessary is to Bluetooth the phone and have the car in Park to view the browser

Old 09-30-2016, 07:46 PM

If you don't want to use a cell phone and your 4G LTE data plan, you need to connect Honda directly to a WiFi network.

Go to the WiFi settings page and turn it on. Then have it scan for available networks. You can connect to either an unsecured network (be careful!) or to a secure network, assuming you have the security code for that network.

I can connect my '16 Honda to my home WiFi network when it's parked in my garage.

You might want to read my thread about my problems with the browser in my Honda. Be interested to hear if you have the same problems...

Last edited by Hero1318; 09-30-2016 at 07:50 PM.
Old 09-30-2016, 07:53 PM

BTW: Is your cell phone enabled as a WiFi hotspot if you want to use Honda's WiFi, instead of plugging the phone into the car and using 4G LTE?

And you have to use the USB port on the dashboard, not in the center console, at leas on my Accord Coupe.