New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Fcw ldw trouble and fix for it

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2018, 11:19 AM
Default Fcw ldw trouble and fix for it

I have found that the 2014 Honda Accord if you do not change the battery correctly you will have a lot of issues such as the LDW AND FCW which will cause this issue and to repair you will need to replace secondary valve assembly (.http://www.carpartsdubai.com/honda-original-parts-directly-from-dealers-in-dubai-sharjah-uae/transmision-parts-for-bmw-honda-car-dubai-sharjah-uae/27700-5b7-000-secondary-valve-honda-genuine-parts-best-price-in-sharjah-dubai-uae) To prevent this from happening is to change the battery the way Honda set it up to be done and the way to change it and not have these issues is start to finish. Remove the negative terminal 1st be sure to not let the battery terminal arc on any metal then remove the positive terminal samething as before do not allow the terminal to arc . In order to install it you will need to reverse the order of disconnecting it and put the positive terminal on 1st then the negative terminal I can not explain how Important it is that you follow these instructions or you will be spending money that should not be necessary. I personally burned up to 2ndary valve bodys myself because of the order of replacing the battery and I believe Honda has made it this way in order to cost more money for them to make in there service department kinda the same thing they did back in I think 2007 when they put a 18.5 size tire and rim on there van so you would have to buy the tires from them and they were super expensive so be careful when you change the battery and dont go thru what my wife and I just experienced having to spend a bunch of money because we removed the positive terminal before the negative and then you drive it or start it and it will cause a lot of headache and confusion because no one will share how or what ot takes to fix it so if your LDW FCW lights do come on and you have no idea what it is well my wife and I found out after putting it to 4 different shops before anyone was able to help us with our problem I hope this will help1 person from spending the ridiculously amount of money we spent. Good luck with your issue I hope this helps at least 1 person save some money!

Old 09-15-2022, 09:37 AM
Default How did you fix?

Originally Posted by Brad Vernon
I have found that the 2014 Honda Accord if you do not change the battery correctly you will have a lot of issues such as the LDW AND FCW which will cause this issue and to repair you will need to replace secondary valve assembly (.http://www.carpartsdubai.com/honda-o...rjah-dubai-uae) To prevent this from happening is to change the battery the way Honda set it up to be done and the way to change it and not have these issues is start to finish. Remove the negative terminal 1st be sure to not let the battery terminal arc on any metal then remove the positive terminal samething as before do not allow the terminal to arc . In order to install it you will need to reverse the order of disconnecting it and put the positive terminal on 1st then the negative terminal I can not explain how Important it is that you follow these instructions or you will be spending money that should not be necessary. I personally burned up to 2ndary valve bodys myself because of the order of replacing the battery and I believe Honda has made it this way in order to cost more money for them to make in there service department kinda the same thing they did back in I think 2007 when they put a 18.5 size tire and rim on there van so you would have to buy the tires from them and they were super expensive so be careful when you change the battery and dont go thru what my wife and I just experienced having to spend a bunch of money because we removed the positive terminal before the negative and then you drive it or start it and it will cause a lot of headache and confusion because no one will share how or what ot takes to fix it so if your LDW FCW lights do come on and you have no idea what it is well my wife and I found out after putting it to 4 different shops before anyone was able to help us with our problem I hope this will help1 person from spending the ridiculously amount of money we spent. Good luck with your issue I hope this helps at least 1 person save some money!

I'm having the same issue with my car after changing the battery. How did you end up fixing it?