New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

First post:-)

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 02:15 PM
Default First post:-)

I had really set my heart on a facelift shape VW passat TDi,then I read on various forums about turbo's giving up £xxxxx?,clutches giving up prematurely because of not being greased in the factory £600 fix,water getting in etc,etc.
So I thought I would have a look at an Accord.I bought a 2001 Y SE Executive and very nice it is too.I am happy at the reasonable economy and very happy at the spec of the car with its leather seats and air con.
Some things are a bit naff but I am getting used to it.

Old 09-16-2006, 08:46 AM
Administrator
Default RE: First post:-)

Hello New Member..welcome to the forums.

Were Happy that you picked us to join up with, where in this BIG World are you located in.?

WheelBrokerAng...if you have a camera, would you post a picture of your car for us to see?.

Old 09-16-2006, 09:22 AM

I live in Oldham which is about ten miles North of Manchester UK.

Old 09-16-2006, 09:31 PM
Banned

Newtohondas, I live in Worsley and work for Zetex in Chadderton. Small world indeed.

Welcome.

Old 09-17-2006, 02:51 AM

I actually live in Chadderton,not far from zetex.Do you know somebody with an old MG sports car?I see it there a lot.

Old 09-17-2006, 06:55 PM
Banned

I have worked for Zetex since the middle of this June. Not seen the old MG. Will ask around though.

Something else odd, I have been looking to buy something newer, the 96 Accord is still going strong but I needed a change as I have had a 5th Gen Accord since about 98, first one for five years the current one for three. I saw an 02 6th Gen with beige leather interior Sat Nav but 80k on it at Bolton Honda. The outside looked a little tatty and I want a lower mileage car. That interior was something else though

I purchased a 2003 VW Passat today from Smith Knight Fay in Hyde with 45k. I pick it up next week, I am looking forward to getting the car but sad in another way it will be the first time in twelve years we have not had a Honda on the drive. I still intend to cheer for Honda and Ferrari in F1 though!

On this note I will probably not be visiting HAF too often, and would like to thank Wheelbrokerang and all the members for an excellent site. Not sure if there is a VW Passat dedicated forum.

When you are looking in Zetex car park look out for a Ferrari Mondial
Go here for a quick visit.
You can also find me here. Link will be up on Monday morning as the forum is going through a name change.

Good luck on your great site.

Old 09-18-2006, 03:44 PM

Ferrari?? That place must pay well.

Keep us informed about the Passat,as I was going to buy one before I saw this Accord.

Old 09-18-2006, 07:11 PM
Administrator

I Want to Thank You for the nice words about the forum and of course what you said about me , we enjoyed your stay with us and do PLEASE come back in once in a while and chat with us.

Here is a rather good forum that I have Sold parts on that you may want to go to and join..They have some great people in there who are also very well read on the car workings of VW's.
One of them is a guy named BigPapa . they are at www.OHIOVW.com Later our friend...WheelBrokerAng [sm=americanasmiley.gif]
ORIGINAL: malcqv

I have worked for Zetex since the middle of this June. Not seen the old MG. Will ask around though.

Something else odd, I have been looking to buy something newer, the 96 Accord is still going strong but I needed a change as I have had a 5th Gen Accord since about 98, first one for five years the current one for three. I saw an 02 6th Gen with beige leather interior Sat Nav but 80k on it at Bolton Honda. The outside looked a little tatty and I want a lower mileage car. That interior was something else though

I purchased a 2003 VW Passat today from Smith Knight Fay in Hyde with 45k. I pick it up next week, I am looking forward to getting the car but sad in another way it will be the first time in twelve years we have not had a Honda on the drive. I still intend to cheer for Honda and Ferrari in F1 though!

On this note I will probably not be visiting HAF too often, and would like to thank Wheelbrokerang and all the members for an excellent site. Not sure if there is a VW Passat dedicated forum.

When you are looking in Zetex car park look out for a Ferrari Mondial
Go here for a quick visit.
You can also find me here. Link will be up on Monday morning as the forum is going through a name change.

Good luck on your great site.

Old 09-18-2006, 07:46 PM
Banned

I will visit from time to time. One of the best car forums.

Ferrari Mondials are "entry level" Ferraris and one of the cheapest to service and purchase, relativley speaking.

I bought the car before Zetex, so it was another company that paid for that

Thanks again.

PS not found out about the MG yet.