New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

First time Honda owner

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 12:52 AM
Kevin James
Unregistered
Default First time Honda owner

My car background:

Long time German car fan. First car was a 89 VW Golf when I was 16. After that 2 more GTi's, and a Passat VR6. 3 Years ago I bought a 00 BMW 323i and really freaking love the car. I was laid off from my job in June, and decided it would be a good idea to get rid of the BMW and buy a more economical car. Luckily, my sister bought the BMW, so it still sits in the driveway at night, and I get to take her for a cruise now and then.

Some pics of the bimmer:

I set out on a mission to find a car that was decent on gas, and most of all, reliable. I started looking at Toyota Corolla's, but found them to be TOO economical. Everything was so small and cramped. I got used to the space in the 3 series, and couldn't go for such a small car like a Corolla. The Camry was out of my price range, so I turned to Honda. I test drove a few until I found a style I could live with, the Accord Coupe. I found a 95 Honda Accord Coupe, Automatic, with 122k miles. It's been in an accident before, but it does not have a reconstructed title. I can tell it was in an accident because the car was resprayed and they didnt do such a great job with masking sections off, and they painted the black plastic bits on the bottom of the car. The transmission seems to shift ok, but this is my first Automatic car so I am not sure how smooth an older car like this should shift. It dose not hesitate to go in gear from park, when it shifts gears it seems to be a little weird but it does not jerk the car around. The dealer was asking 3400 for it, I got him down to 2600 cash, then added on another 100 bucks to warranty the transmission for 60 days. I think I got a decent deal.

I am not too sure on the trim level, LX, DX, or whatever else there is in this class of cars. The badges in the rear where removed, but they left the damn black goo behind! It has power everything, including the moon roof. I think the seat was power too, cant remember as I just bought it a few hours ago and have not registered it yet. It's a light blue metalic color, with a grey / light blue interior. What model trim levels where there on these cars? I will snap photos tomorrow afternoon and post it up.

So what do you guys think, did I get an OK deal? Can I count on this car being a reliable everyday driver like I could with my bimmer? Yes, believe it or not, the BMW was by for the most reliable car I have ever owned. Normal oil changes, and brake pads, over 3 years and 40k miles. Everyone I spoke to before I bought the Honda told me the car could last me another 100k miles, if I treat it right, like I do to all my cars.

I am no longer a tuner, racer, blah blah blah. I do not plan on putting extreme aftermarket parts and a 3 foot wing on this car. I think it looks pretty good as it is, I just want it to last.

Ok nuff rambling, I will post pics tomorrow.

Old 09-13-2008, 07:26 AM
Administrator
Default RE: First time Honda owner

sounds like you made a good deal and we know you will like your Honda...we are biased

Thanks for joining the forums...

WheelBrokerAng [sm=americanasmiley.gif]