New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

First time Honda owner. Now I'm a believer

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 12:31 PM
V Tech Redneck
Unregistered
Default First time Honda owner. Now I'm a believer

Hi everyone. I recently purchased my first Honda car last week. Its a '99 Accord EX 2 door coupe with the leather, the 2.3 four banger and the auto-box. I have never owned an import before as I have always been into muscle cars and trucks ( which I have quite a collection of). I have owned plenty of Honda products before from bikes to quads, but never a car.

With gas prices going through the roof i started looking for somthing a little easier on the wallet when i stop at the pump. I was running a Ford F-250 that got about 9mpg on a downhill with a tailwind. I was dumping $150-200 a week in gas in this truck. So I stumbled upon this cool looking little Honda and the price was right so I figured what do I have to lose? I originally bought this car for the sole reason of fuel economy but after drving it about 1000 miles in the past week i can honestly say that i am thoroughly impressed with this little thing! I love it more and more everythime I drive it. It does everything right. I get about 32mpg highway, it handles great, its quick, and it rides like a dream. Maybe this little Honda is just spoiling me butfrom my history of big block muscle cars and mud tired pickups, this car feels like a Benz or somthing.

I am at the point now where I am thinking about upgrades. Theres not much I really want to change as this car does everything right. I was thinking about some mild appearance enhancements like projector style headlights and maybe some blacked out tail lights or somthing to that effect. My car is that dark metallic green and I picked it up with some dark tinted windows which looks great (not to the cops) so I wanna continue the "dark" theme throughout. I was thinking about maybe some 17 inch aftermarket wheels, the kind that has the black center section and a chrome rim around the edge. I dont really want to get too far into performance upgrades but I was thinking of a cold air intake and maybe breaking out the welder and making a freer breathing exhaust. Nothing real loud, just better breathing. I dont want to touch the suspention because it handles great and rides great as-is.

So there you have it. Another believer. I have always heard good things about these little Honda cars but never gave it much thought till now. Who knew a die-hard, truck-driving, muscle-car-tire-blazing guy like me could be so captivated by some little import thats just doing what it does best, making a believer out of guys like me. Thanks Honda

Old 03-29-2008, 03:19 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: First time Honda owner. Now I'm a believer

welcome to the forum!

Old 03-29-2008, 04:56 PM

Welcome to the site.

Old 03-30-2008, 09:29 PM
Administrator

Now that you have your Honda-you can see why there are so many on the road.

Welcome to the HAF where we all like to have a good time!

WheelBrokerAng [sm=americanasmiley.gif]