New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

hello all

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 08:57 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default hello all

Hi, my name is jacob, im a new member to the board, as well as to Hondas. (im an Rx-7 man lol) for years i bashed Hondas. mainly because there are sooo many out there. but my step mother gave me her 95 4 door Accord EX a few months ago, and i have to say, i feel like an idiot for not liking them. it has a 2.2L VTECH with an automatic trans and she has over 160000 on her and never skips a beat. just took her for a trip to New York from TN, 2 tanks of gas! (well 2 and a half) but she drove for almost 18 hours straight, and not one problem. i am now becoming a Honda man. at 80 mph, no rattle, no bumps or shakes. ive owned 3 cars before and none have been this reliable, and cheap to fix lol. 86 F-150, 84 Rx-7 GSL-SE, and a Dodge Avenger ES, all gave me more problems in 2 months then this has in 5. i mainly joined this board because i want to learn as much as i can about my Accord. and iv learned from RX7club.com that the best way is to talk with people that have the same type of cars. i want to keep my Honda, even get the big "i heart my honda" sticker lol i dont want to make her a ricer racer, instead id like simple mods (shocks, rims, exhaust, intake, body kits). i want a car that looks good, sounds nice and can still haul the family, i plan on giving her to my girlfriend after i get another RX-7. and i want my baby to ride in style. so in a sense, im lookin for pointers on where to start and whats good name brands. any help will be very appreciated. thank you in advance. jacob

Last edited by a-cups4door; 04-08-2011 at 09:03 PM. Reason: forgot engine size and tranny type, sorry mods
Old 04-08-2011, 11:13 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome!
Just a tip... vtech makes telephones, VTEC is Honda's valve gear.
I really lusted after the 3rd-gen RX-7 (93+ or something like that).

Old 04-09-2011, 12:15 AM
Newest Of Newbies

lol thanks, ima blonde so i just had a little fart there. but yea the 3rd gens started in 92. they were the most popular cause of the horsepower and body lines and such, but if you want reliability, you want a 1st gen. mazda realized that sacrificing reliabilty for power was just good buis lol. still would do anything for one tho