New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hi there - here for tech and advice

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 11:43 AM
JoeAsheville
Unregistered
Default Hi there - here for tech and advice

Hello, my name is Joe. I've been working on one vehicle or another for what is about the past 22 years...I've owned a 1980 Ford Courier since I was about 17, and have owned a 1964 Ford Galaxie, 1970 Datsun 240Z, 1995 Ford Mustang Cobra, and now a 2003 Ford Mustang Cobra with a KB supercharger...about 610rwhp. That was a fun build, but it's much more fun to drive than work on (for me at least). Several motorcycles as well, from small displacement dirt bikes to Kawasaki Ninjas (one was a built dragbike with NOS), but now I've settled into sport touring with a Honda VFR800FI...of course [8D]

However I'm now dealing with a 1994 Honda Accord F22B2, KH version. It's the girlfriend's new/used car. The electrical system on this car is extremely complicated compared to what I'm used to working with...and to top it all off the car was owned by a series of country bumpkins that had very limited tools. Prior repairs were done by extracting the offended part, finding a new part somewhere (even if it was from a totally different vehicle type), putting in screws and bolts until you couldn't fit any more, and then fastening the rest of the assembly with baling wire, chewing gum, or zip ties. Apparently at one point they just ran out of these, so some parts are being held on by a mysterious force field known only to God...perhaps a Honda "antigravity" of sorts.

Anyhow, this car has several sets of issues that I'm trying to tackle (fixed a loose driver's door panel and inoperative power window as well as a noisy door lock actuator on that side), and I've posted about them in the Tech section. Your opinion would be greatly appreciated if you feel you have some experience to contribute.

Thanks,

Joe

Old 08-27-2007, 09:06 AM
Default RE: Hi there - here for tech and advice

Wow....this post is pretty funny and disturbing at the same time. It's sad that someone would do that to a Honda.
You sound like you have a lot of general knowledge about cars too.
ORIGINAL:JoeAshville

a 2003 Ford Mustang Cobra with a KB supercharger...about 610rwhp
All I can say is "WOW!"
I started learning how to work on cars when I was a teenager working on my 90's model 5.0 mustang with my dad. Those were a lot less complicated than these Honda's are. They are also beasts too!
Even after you get ALL of your problems with your girlfriend's Honda fixed, please stick around.
And lets see some pictures of that Cobra when you get a chance!

Old 08-27-2007, 09:28 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered
Default RE: Hi there - here for tech and advice

ORIGINAL: JoeAsheville

Apparently at one point they just ran out of these, so some parts are being held on by a mysterious force field known only to God...perhaps a Honda "antigravity" of sorts.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-11-2012, 12:25 PM

Hi I have a honda accord lx 2003 and recently it has been randomly shutting off while driving and then coming back on in a split second. I loose my clock and radio stations and have to reset. It happens random times and then it's fine for a few weeks??? help

Old 01-11-2012, 12:59 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Negative Cable

I had a similar problem a few years ago. It turned out that the negative battery cable had become corroded on the inside of the insulation. It looked fine, but that was the problem. After replacing the cable my problems went away. Good luck!!

Old 01-11-2012, 11:52 PM
Administrator

Now this is really reaching way back for a post..This is stuff from 8 of 2007..Great Find