New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Honda Newb...

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 12:27 AM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Honda Newb...

Hey all, I've just recently purchased a 2002 Accord SE Sedan. 2.3 vtec auto. I picked it up from a close friend. It has plenty of miles on her, 181,xxx but has had a lot done to her over the past couple years (to which I've been a part of the repairs and upgrade process).

There are some little things that still need fixed which I plan on addressing such as a new windshield and a leaking axle seal, but the vehicle has all new front suspension components (control arms, bushings, balljoints, wheel bearing hub assemblies, etc - literally every component) and has been lowered on AGX and Eibachs and we added Eibach front and rear swaybars. We also installed all new front brakes (calipers, rotors, pads) along with all new rear drums and rear wheel bearing hubs. The car also has a brand new battery and HO (oem replacement) Alternator.

The car came with summer and winter tires/wheels, an aftermarket head unit and some basic JVC speakers in front and back. The previous owner had changed out the dash bulbs to Blue LED's but I think a few of them have either burned out or stopped working. Other than that, the car is pretty much stock as far as I can tell.

I know he only ran 5w20 Mobile 1 Full Syn Oil, Honda Trans fluid, and Honda Antifreeez - regularly changing the fluids according to the factory maintenance schedule.

The previous owner picked up this car back in 05 with 40k on the clock. The car is still running its original engine and trans, has a decent (for 180k miles) gray cloth interior with sunroof, and has no rust on the exterior. There are two spots of clear coat peel on the roof that I'll be hopefully taking care of soon and a small ding on the fender that I should be able to pop out pretty easily.

Anyhow, you might be able to tell from my screen name that I'm normally a Chrysler guy, but don't hate - I love lots of differnt cars, I've just been brought up in a Mopar family.

I have a few other rides in my fleet (a 63 Dart, 66 Chrysler 300, 67 Fury III, 67 Sport Fury, two 95 Avengers, and an 04 SRT4), but most are summer drivers or fair weather cruisers. I was in need of a decent daily driver as my old Avenger is finally succumbing to the midwest rust and has literally rusted from the inside out. LOL

Anyway, having worked on this car with my buddy over the last few years and seeing how well it has held up, I knew I couldn't pass it up when he picked up a new ride for the wife and had to let the Honda go. So I've got a lot to learn about the Accord and the Honda community as a whole and hope that you can welcome this newb to the club.

I look forward to learning more and thank everyone in advance for any advice and help.

Josh

Last edited by Mopar McNeer; 10-19-2012 at 12:14 AM.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:53 AM
Administrator
Talking Hello New Member

Welcome to the HAF...
Glad to have you with us .

WheelBrokerAng

Attached Thumbnails Honda Newb...-iowa.jpg  
Old 10-08-2012, 09:59 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Thank you! I'll see if I can get some pictures hosted in my PB account and posted up here for everyone to take a look at.