New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hurricane Sandy can't keep stop me from loving my Accords

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 10:25 AM
Default Hurricane Sandy can't keep stop me from loving my Accords

Hey all!

I have been an Accord owner since 2004 (Honda owner since 1999 if you count my '00 Integra and '04 RSX), but I lost my 08 Accord to Hurricane Sandy this past fall. She was parked in the driveway with my wife's brand new Pontiac GXP (barely 4500 miles) when the ocean decided to come up and "touch" them.

Four and half feet of water engulfed our house and killed both of our cars. They came to life briefly during the flooding, presumably short circuiting, but in the end they both were left cold and never to start again. (Note the water line on the doors..)

But after two weeks of test driving every car make & model inside my budget and finding absolutely nothing on the market that even slightly appealed to me, I went to my local Honda dealership to see if I could get a deal on another Accord. I to my surprise I lucked out, the 2013 Accords were completely revamped and more beautiful than ever!!

New LED headlights, steamlined and added chrome stripes all over and even the interior got an overhaul. I fell in love before I even sat inside and started it up. The salesman was pretty amused that I knew the car better than he did when I kept correcting his "salesman factiods".

My wifes loves to point out that I seem to keep buying blue cars, but I just love how they look in the dark and fresh from a car wash. Kinda like black with more character! I don't think I had too many blue cars:

- 1998 Powder Blue Subaru (chrome all over it!)
- 2000 Midnight Blue Integra
- 2004 Midnight Blue RSX (5 Speed)
- 2008 Belieze Pearl Blue Accord EX-L
- 2013 Still Night Pearl Blue Accord EX-L Navi

I can't believe that I didn't find this forum until now, but I am happy to help anyone that needs a reason to buy a new (or used) Accord. They are troopers when it comes to longevity and damn sweet machines to see on the road. I always like to honk to other EX-L drivers to let them know they have a bad-A$$ ride.

Keep up your mods and submissions everyone, and I am glad to be amoung others that have, wish and shall own an Accord.

Attached Thumbnails Hurricane Sandy can't keep stop me from loving my Accords-1-rampage-72535-albums-garage-2013-accord-3658-picture-my-2013-accord-ex-l-navi-dealership%253b-si.jpg   Hurricane Sandy can't keep stop me from loving my Accords-1-rampage-72535-albums-garage-2008-accord-r-i-p-hurricane-sandy-3657-picture-my-poor-2008-acccor.jpg  

Last edited by Rampage; 05-08-2013 at 11:29 AM.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:54 AM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

Welcome to HAF! Nice Wheels!

good luck

Old 05-08-2013, 02:17 PM
Administrator
Default Hi Member

Thank You for posting with us and Might I ad that the post was well done..
I will be having to take out that link in the signature, but other than tahe We thank you for joining the HAF

Attached Thumbnails Hurricane Sandy can't keep stop me from loving my Accords-welcomd_green_comic.gif  
Attached Images