New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Insights on getting a new Accord

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2005, 02:58 AM
Default Insights on getting a new Accord

Hello, I am not yet a owner of a Honda accord but will most likely be soon. But there is some questions I would like to know about.
How do the newer 04-05 V6 manual tranny cars score on reliablility and ease of shifting. The only reason I'm asking is I was thinking about getting as Acura RSX but I've found through their forums that they have a lot of trouble with their 6 speed transmissions. So I'm wanting to see if the Honda shares any of these problems. They spoke of bad grinding from 1-2 and 2-3 gears and some have had the trouble almost from the day they got their cars. I know they have a fix on older models but people are still not very happy with newer models that have the fix built into their newer model trans..
How about the motor, any complaints on anything specific like elec. component failure or just hard to work on issues?
When I get mine I plan on keeping it forever pretty much so I'm very interested in their long term reliability. I plan on getting
the V6 Coupe manual trans. model. I think I'm going to try for a new 05 year if I can find one on a lot when I get the money to buy it with. I might go with a 04 model if the mileage is very low.
Thanks for any help and thoughts on these issues. I've spent a bit of time looking at different cars but the Accord seems to fit a lot of what I'm looking for in a car. I may go with the S2000 but I think if I put some work into an Accord I can have enough fun with it as well. They seem to have the performance and a lot of possibility with them.

Old 10-04-2005, 01:23 AM
Administrator
Default RE: Insights on getting a new Accord

Looks like no one has your type of car so your answer is not getting any play..

Hope one of our members gets your Question and can help you out...

Later
WheelBrokerAng[sm=americanasmiley.gif]