New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Money Best Spent

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 09:19 AM
Default Money Best Spent

I've just got into my 3rd accord a 04 coup v6 6spd. And I think I'm done with the older project cars (93 & 94 SHOs)
Im looking forward to giving thisdailly driverMORE spirit and making it one that will turn heads. I'm very glad I've found this site and look forward to becoming a contributor.
I'm not familar enough to these forums to know exactly where to drop a post like this not really tech or completly off subject. I would like some input as to where others think I should focus my attention.

Old 03-16-2008, 09:35 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Money Best Spent

My personal preference is performance, I would much rather have a car that goes fast than looks like it goes fast. No need for big heavy body kits or heavy air ride suspension.

but if all you want is a clean looking car to drive to work and back then do some asthetic mods.

welcome to the forum

Old 03-16-2008, 01:08 PM

Welcome to the site. Any changes you make should be something YOU want to do, not what others think looks good. Just a suggestion.

Old 03-16-2008, 03:20 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.
OK maybe I should be a little clearer. And I have some very specific ideas. POWER & PERFORM are my proiorites and when I'm happy with that I mightmake it pretty! There are so many ways to go after HP. There'scold air, headers, highflow cats & exhaust upgrades, cams, chips, turbo, superchargers(Hey I'v played GT).
Alright let me explain it this way I want to make mods that fit well together. There aren't many articles I can find regarding upgrades on the v6's. I figure headers are probably not as effective in these v6's as they were in the V8's we grew up on and any specs I've seen on the header for the 4"s really didn't look like a GOOD INVESTMENT.
Cold air? it has its drawbacks also the possibility of suckin up moisture ARGGG. Not high on my priorities??
High Flow Cats and a performance exhaust? Sure! everyteen out there goes after this (along with the CAI). Alright this seems to be a no brainer but, firstly making an engine able to exhale with out being able to inhale and convert energy just seems vain.
If I go after cams what should I consider first?
I could go on & on let me just say this. "I'm ready to invest in this vehicle and want a little input.".
Again is this post appropriate for TECH?

Old 03-16-2008, 09:21 PM
Super Moderator

if you want power, the 4 cyl is def the way to go, the k24 is an amazing motor, capable of over 700+hp. Its excellent for turbo or all motor applications. It has one of the freest flowing heads out there.

and you cant really find parts made for the v6

Old 03-17-2008, 02:36 AM

hey there welcome to our lil world...

Old 03-17-2008, 06:43 PM

Hey I can apprecitate the 4's. And I agree sure! Right now my ride is a 6. I'm looking for input. When I get this car where I want it as my d/d I might find a civic to play with. My plans are to sell my SHOs and do just that but, for now I want to focus on this and would appreciate some input from some Honda guys who are really into it.
& what makes a CONTRIBUTOR his entries& how quickly he can discourage someone?
And thank U - DA KID RYU for the back up and the welcome!

How do I fill in my specs (garage details) ?

Old 03-18-2008, 05:07 PM

How do I fill in my specs (garage details) ? etc>>>
COME ON GUYS WHAT i'M i MISSIN!?????
And thanks for all the help on the other Posts!

Old 03-19-2008, 09:32 AM

Are you talking about adding a signature? Go edit your profile. About halfway down the page is a box entitled "signature." Fill in the info you want in there and make sure to check the little box that says "Always attach signature in posts."

If you have an '04 V6, there are no headers out there. Your manifolds are permanently attached
If you want a cam you will have to get one custom ground.
I would start with either an SRI or a CAI.

Old 03-19-2008, 02:09 PM

I don't believe headers are available for the V-6. The exhaust manifolds are not removable. Intake and exhaust are a good place to start. I've seen a few that were supercharged but we're talking serious buck$.

Welcome